mdr-xb1000 vs ath m50s vs Beyerdynamic (whatever the bassiest kind is)
May 29, 2011 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

esus78

New Head-Fier
Hi guys I have read many of your forums but this is my first thread I am starting so Okay...
I listen to songs I download from itunes and Right now I have a setup of my ipod touch and my zo personal subwoofer amp. I have a goal of getting the bassiest headphone ever made. I have the M50s right now but was wonderin if there was something bassier like the XB1000s. I also heard beyers can be pretty bassy too. I listen to alot of top 40, hiphop/rap, dubstep, and Dance music. I want the headphone that not only has the best bass but more so the one that I can feel the most. The one that will shake your whole head. Thanks in advance for your expert opinion!
L3000.gif

May 29, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 24
XB1000's arent bassy at all compared to bassy cans.

The lower end models are bassier than that :)

If you want bassy you should also look at the MAudio Q40. That thing is just SICK when it comes to bass. along with the D5000 and D7000

May 29, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 24
I haven't heard the Xb1000s yet, too new but I can speak for all the others listed. 

The M50 will leave you unhappy compared to the others,If you want bass quantity in a small portable set, the D1100 is for you, if you can raise your budget a bit, get a BeyerDynamic DT770, if you can raise your budget even higher, get a Luke Skybeyer upgrade for the DT 770

The Darth Beyer, which is a further upgrade for the Skybeyer has the most bass of any headphone that I am aware of.  It is gut wrenching.  There is such a thing as too much bass power, heh and that would be the Darth Beyer mod for the DT series.

May 29, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 24
Keep it Up! I really appreciate all your responses. So  Darth Beyers... Will they work well with my iPod and Zo personal subwoofer? Do they shake your head like the M50s?

May 29, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #9 of 24

So you already have the Zo? 
Quote:
Keep it Up! I really appreciate all your responses. So  Darth Beyers... Will they work well with my iPod and Zo personal subwoofer? Do they shake your head like the M50s?

May 29, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #10 of 24
yeah I have the zo it is amazing. so if are the darth beyers really the shakiest headphones? if so what options should I select in the headphile thing if i wanted to buy it? Is there anything that could top the darth beyers in bass quality and quantity? cause I'm really looking for THEE BASSIEST out there. and I mean like the kind that shakes your head.

May 29, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #12 of 24
I was just wondering because I already have the Zo w/m50 too and really don't need anything else bass wise lol.  

May 30, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #13 of 24

Quote:
I was just wondering because I already have the Zo w/m50 too and really don't need anything else bass wise lol.  

What does Zo do? Boost bass by 10 dBs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back