MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Dec 27, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #2,341 of 3,265
The it03 is relatively similar to the p1 in terms of clarity and detail and has a fairly similar sound signature from the mids up but has better bass extension and more forward bass. The p1 is great but if you have heard it and find yourself wishing for more bass the it03 is a good pick. However, the it03 has an odd shape that may be very comfortable for you or might be very uncomfortable.

Personally I think 1more has provided slightly more than enough bass for me.
I'm going to try out it03 mainly due to the hype about it being a "fun" iem.
Also going to try the sony n3ap, but my hunch tells me I'm most likely going to end up with P1.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #2,342 of 3,265
I have listened to both 1more triple and p1.
Was in the same dilemma as well.

Sound signature wise, they are very similar, but 1more's bass is abit more.
P1 definitely has the better sound quality, clarity and details heard in the P1 is much more obvious.

I bought the 1more a few weeks ago, but now I'm thinking about buying either ibasso it03 or p1.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not regretting having bought 1more.
Both have their pros and cons, I'm considering to buy another for the over the ear design and mmcx replaceable cables, and simply can't forget the clarity and details heard in p1.

The it03 is relatively similar to the p1 in terms of clarity and detail and has a fairly similar sound signature from the mids up but has better bass extension and more forward bass. The p1 is great but if you have heard it and find yourself wishing for more bass the it03 is a good pick. However, the it03 has an odd shape that may be very comfortable for you or might be very uncomfortable.

Thanks for the impressions! I have also been flirting with the IT03. I would have bought it already, but I caught a great sale on the P1 first. It sounds like the IT03 and the 1More have a similar sound signature, and that the IT03 has the advantage. But, that's for another thread.

I am actually not a fan of the P1's sound signature, generally, but I really enjoy the implementation of it here. It's a very nice IEM that's been getting more ear-time lately than my 846's. More bass for my next IEM, for sure.

Anyone compare the P1 to the M6 Pro?

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #2,343 of 3,265
I am actually not a fan of the P1's sound signature, generally, but I really enjoy the implementation of it here. It's a very nice IEM that's been getting more ear-time lately than my 846's. More bass for my next IEM, for sure.

Interesting comment. I actually cancelled my P1 order and ended up ordering the SE846. Exactly 4.5x more expensive, definitely not going to return that added quality, but in the past I've "saved" by doing small incremental steps and it turned out a bigger waste than going directly for better models. Didn't want to repeat that with IEMs.

It's arriving from Amazon on Friday. I felt tempted to get the P1 at the same time and return one of them, but somehow I don't enjoy buying new sealed stuff knowing I will return it used for sure.

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #2,344 of 3,265
Thanks for the impressions! I have also been flirting with the IT03. I would have bought it already, but I caught a great sale on the P1 first. It sounds like the IT03 and the 1More have a similar sound signature, and that the IT03 has the advantage. But, that's for another thread.

Yes, I have. Check my reviews. I started my "re-life" with the M6 Pro's, then graduated to the P1. I would consider the M6 to be the unruly little brother of the P1. While the older "sibling" is much more refined and mature; the unruly sibling still has their merits. I am not afraid to toss around the M6, while I do feel the necessity to treat carefully the P1.

Sound wise the P1 is better in all regards (to me). The M6 is bright to me, with very forward treble, to the point of sibilance on some songs. The P1 is also "bright," but not the shout in your face kind like the M6 can be...

Please don't get me wrong, I still like both, and use the M6 Pro as my gym/yard work pair. But the P1 is reserved for home listening. They are also much harder to drive. I usually use an amp with the P1 as a result. They are quite good for a first foray into the mid-fi stages of Head-Fi. The P1 is a natural progression up the MEE ladder from the M6 Pro. Hope this helps.

P1: http://www.head-fi.org/products/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1-high-fidelity-audiophile-in-ear-headphones-with-detachable-cables/reviews/15583

M6 Pro: http://www.head-fi.org/products/meelectronics-m6-pro-universal-fit-noise-isolating-musician-s-in-ear-monitors-with-detachable-cables/reviews/15554

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #2,345 of 3,265

Interesting comment. I actually cancelled my P1 order and ended up ordering the SE846. Exactly 4.5x more expensive, definitely not going to return that added quality, but in the past I've "saved" by doing small incremental steps and it turned out a bigger waste than going directly for better models. Didn't want to repeat that with IEMs.

It's arriving from Amazon on Friday. I felt tempted to get the P1 at the same time and return one of them, but somehow I don't enjoy buying new sealed stuff knowing I will return it used for sure.

I did that too. I bought the 846 and thought I was set. Then I started buying a bunch of other 'phones for variety. Turns out I can't be acoustically monogamous. I'll be really interested in hearing what you think about the 846. The P1 does not fit the same sound profile, so it may be something you come back to, but I doubt you'll be disappointed with the 846. Just get some Westone STAR tips ASAP. :wink:

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #2,346 of 3,265

I did that too. I bought the 846 and thought I was set. Then I started buying a bunch of other 'phones for variety. Turns out I can't be acoustically monogamous. I'll be really interested in hearing what you think about the 846. The P1 does not fit the same sound profile, so it may be something you come back to, but I doubt you'll be disappointed with the 846. Just get some Westone STAR tips ASAP. :wink:

Yes in some cases there's no way to go with a single model alone. From what I've been reading, the P1 have better value for money overall, but might not be as versatile. I'm also really not into IEMs as I use them only during the day at work, and there are always interruptions cutting the flow. Makes me feel it's a bit wasted $. On the other hand, I spend a lot of hours there and the IEMs I use (have a few) usually don't give the same fun I get with full size cans at home.

Perhaps this will come a bit closer.

Westone STAR, interesting. I'll check them out. I've been using SpiralDots and kinda like them. Very comfy, good isolation and good sound.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #2,347 of 3,265
I came from the SE846 not too long ago and with the P1 and Q jays I'm pretty happy. The SE846 do have an excellent mid range that I probably won't get elsewhere but at this point I can't see myself buying a $600+ iem (used) anytime soon.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #2,348 of 3,265
Yes, I have. Check my reviews. I started my "re-life" with the M6 Pro's, then graduated to the P1. I would consider the M6 to be the unruly little brother of the P1. While the older "sibling" is much more refined and mature; the unruly sibling still has their merits. I am not afraid to toss around the M6, while I do feel the necessity to treat carefully the P1.

Sound wise the P1 is better in all regards (to me). The M6 is bright to me, with very forward treble, to the point of sibilance on some songs. The P1 is also "bright," but not the shout in your face kind like the M6 can be...

Please don't get me wrong, I still like both, and use the M6 Pro as my gym/yard work pair. But the P1 is reserved for home listening. They are also much harder to drive. I usually use an amp with the P1 as a result. They are quite good for a first foray into the mid-fi stages of Head-Fi. The P1 is a natural progression up the MEE ladder from the M6 Pro. Hope this helps.

P1: http://www.head-fi.org/products/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1-high-fidelity-audiophile-in-ear-headphones-with-detachable-cables/reviews/15583

M6 Pro: http://www.head-fi.org/products/meelectronics-m6-pro-universal-fit-noise-isolating-musician-s-in-ear-monitors-with-detachable-cables/reviews/15554

I also have both and my thoughts are exactly the same as yours. There is a 3 kHz peak on the M6 PRO that I find very irritating, especially when listening to trumpets, such as a trumpet concerto. It works well with my FiiO X1, as it has a 3 kHz adjustment on the equalizer. I listen to primarily classical and jazz and find the P1 very clean and detailed, with no irritating frequency regions. I don't listen to music such as hip hop or rap, but I would think that the greater bass on the M6 PRO might make that type of music more exciting than the relatively bass light P1. However, the bass on the P1 is fine for the type of music that I listen to, whereas the M6 PRO is a bit too heavy.

Dec 29, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #2,349 of 3,265
I just heard IT03 and P1...

I can tell you for sure that IT03 and 1More Triple does not sound similar, 1More is much more similar to P1.

IT03 is something else altogether, I was so surprised when I heard IT03, the bass left me such a deep impression that it's hard to shake it off.
Now I'm very torn between P1 and IT03...

Quote:

Dec 29, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #2,352 of 3,265
  I came from the SE846 not too long ago and with the P1 and Q jays I'm pretty happy. The SE846 do have an excellent mid range that I probably won't get elsewhere but at this point I can't see myself buying a $600+ iem (used) anytime soon.

I got a lot of hours on the 846 today and am struggling to justify the cost. They are quite good, definitely the best IEMs I've heard, but the gap to my cheapo favorite $65 Havi B3 Pro 1 is not huge... at least not enough to justify a $65<>$900 gap, even considering the usual diminishing returns in this hobby.

As I type this I'm listening to Ana Caram's "Viola fora de moda" on Chesky, a very well engineered track, and indeed, there's a nice boost in quality when switching Havi>846, especially in separation/positioning and of course, bass quality. But still, it does not justify a +13x price gap. In this particular comparison I think the value gap is compounded by the Havi being a bit underpriced and the Shure being overpriced. Ignoring cost, the choice is easy tho.

Back to the topic of the thread, I'm still wondering if I'll keep the 846 and take the hit for the extra push to the peak in quality, or return them and have a go at something that might get closer to them without such a huge premium. In a way, admitting the 846 are the best I've heard is a win for them, but having doubts about the value and wow factor is a fail. In all my favorite headphone experiences the main impulse was always "Damn, these are so good, worth it at even the ridiculous price, which I had two, just keeping a backup in case they disappear from the world".... not "Oh they are so good. Hmm, but still pricey... hmmm..".

Anyone with a Havi B3P1? I wonder if they can give the Mee a run for their money too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back