Meet the Sennheiser HD 820
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #181 of 498
Don’t confuse these with normal closed back headphones. They’re basically open, with isolation. Sennheiser is reflecting frequencies into absorbers to make it perform like an open headphone but with isolation.

Versus a true closed back headphone which uses the cup design resonance as part of the actual speaker.

Sounds amazing to me if they can pull it off. I wish some CES people would post some impressions here.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #182 of 498
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #185 of 498
"The new HD 820 will be available from early summer 2018"

@Sennheiser 6 months wait? :frowning2:
Please, don't get me wrong, I love Sennheiser and definitely will be checking this new model, but why such a large wait time?

It looks that it is time to continue to mod till closed :) 800S Mara.jpg

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #189 of 498
Exactly, I don't like it because I can't afford it.
It frustrates me that Sennheiser is not taking the average consumer into consideration.
Why is that so surprising?
Sennheiser is maybe the brand that most takes the average consumer into consideration.
My 70 euros Hd2.20S are incredible, my Hd599 is imho one of the most musically balanced headphone of its price range, the closed 569 is said to be very good, the 600/650 are current history, the 660S is discussed but imho astonishingly good sounding headphones, not mentioning the discussed hd700, now at about 400 euros and for me a beautiful symphonic orchestra headphone, incredibly comfortable and with incredibly construction. I've never gone beyond 450 euros/$ mentioning these headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #190 of 498
Isn't gorilla glass really hard to break though? :smile_phones:

You'll require diamond hammers! :L3000:
Not really, If it's the same strength as a cellphone screen it could break from falling on the carpet, like some of my cellphones in the past.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #192 of 498
Not really, If it's the same strength as a cellphone screen it could break from falling on the carpet, like some of my cellphones in the past.

That's supposed to happen only if they meet something stronger than themselves on a durity scale. My phones never got a scratch with the same glass actually.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #193 of 498
That's supposed to happen only if they meet something stronger than themselves on a durity scale. My phones never got a scratch with the same glass actually.
I only said what I said because I go through phones more than your average person lol.

Jan 9, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #195 of 498
Depends on how thick the glass is. There are glass bridges that people walk over.
Very true, I'm certain it's going to be stronger than cellphone screens. It is a $2400 dollar product after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back