Meier Audio Daccord
Feb 2, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #661 of 715
When I listen through the daccord with USB, I occasionally get this fuzzy sound for a few seconds, then it goes away. I never got that with my peachtree DAC-it. I have toslink as all, so I've been using that. If all I listen to is CD quality lossless files, is there any advantage to USB with the daccord over toslink?

If there is, might a schiit wyrd help?

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #664 of 715
Silly me...forgot to read the manual..
redface.gif
. Thanks Jan.

"When the volume controlled outputs are used to drive a poweramplifier with a high gain factor connected
to high efficiency loudspeakers or a poweramplifier with very low gain factor connected to low efficiency 
loudspeakers, then it might be desirable to lower or increase the output level of the DACCORD. After 
removal of the top cover just behind the output sockets two 4-pin headers can be found. By default the 
two middle pins of each header are connected by a shunt jumper (MEDIUM gain position). Repositioning 
these shunt jumpers allows to reduce or increase the output level by 8 dB (LOW / HIGH gain position). "

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #665 of 715
DACCord just stopped working ;-(

My DACCord hardly works anymore. When I use either Digital or USB (I don't have anything with Coax), I can hear a little sound through the amp, but the sound is extremely quiet; just barely there. I know it's not the amp because I can use a different sound on the amp (same inputs as the DACCord), and the sound works fine. I also tried a different amp with the DACCord, and same issue. It was working fine yesterday, but today virtually no sound. Any ideas?

I tried the fixed and variable outputs of the DA and got the same results. 

Very bummed. 

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #666 of 715

My DACCord hardly works anymore. When I use either Digital or USB (I don't have anything with Coax), I can hear a little sound through the amp, but the sound is extremely quiet; just barely there. I know it's not the amp because I can use a different sound on the amp (same inputs as the DACCord), and the sound works fine. I also tried a different amp with the DACCord, and same issue. It was working fine yesterday, but today virtually no sound. Any ideas?

Very bummed. 

Strange. I have never tried anything like that.
I am sure if you ask Jan in a private e-mail he will be able to help you identify what the root cause could be. Hopefully it is a minor issue you are able to fix yourself and not having to return the product to Germany.

May 10, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #667 of 715

Very bummed. 

Quick follow up. Jan and I troubleshot the DAC over email and he sent me some replacement parts that I will solder on, and hopefully all will be well. Fantastic customer service.

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #670 of 715
Has anyone here listened to both the Meier DACCORD and the new Schiit Bifrost with the 4490 IC, so that they can compare them? I'm about to decide on one of them and would love some input.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #671 of 715
Driving any DAC with USB to maximum soundquality is very difficult. I've had much better results feeding any DAC trought spdif. The Daccord needs a powerfull and very capable USB out and a good cable to work properly, the Schiit is a bit easier to use. I'd use a USB - spdif bridge with the Daccord.

I have a Bisfrost Uber and the Daccord, they sound slightly different but I couldn't decide which one is better. They're both in the "neutral" categorie and I can't find any fatal flaw in any of them. The Daccord sounds maybe a bit more natural whilst the Schiit is more about clarity and resolution. Difference is very slight though.
I'm usually using the Daccord for the adjustabe preamp output and the crossfeed/ tonal balance. The Daccord has the better features compared to the Bifrost. The option to use 2 coax inputs is great and the quality of the inputs is what you would expect from pro audio equipment. The crossfeed and tonal balance are not just gimmicks but work very well in an audiophile setup.
Hands on quality of the Maier items is simply oustanding.
It's the Grungnir that will most likely best the Daccord.

I'd be curious how the Daccord compares to the Modi Multibit soundwise.

Jan 15, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #672 of 715
How do this dac stand in 2019? I saw a used one selling at around 300usd. I m deciding whether should I go big (qutest) or small (daccord) so I can save money for something more meaningful. Thank you.

Jan 23, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #675 of 715

Users who are viewing this thread

Back