Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Jun 23, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #2,506 of 7,704
...or the whole album! I have the Neos.

That happens once too many times to me! Especially with albums that are supposed to be listened all at once!

Anyway heat or not, I enjoying wearing them , love the beautiful design (if I pay for something 300 euro, why to not have a great design) and not the last importance the amazing sound.

That is something I really love about Meze and their headphones! They really do walk the extra mile for you when creating the headphone, its design and the whole package.

Jun 23, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #2,507 of 7,704
That happens once too many times to me! Especially with albums that are supposed to be listened all at once!

That is something I really love about Meze and their headphones! They really do walk the extra mile for you when creating the headphone, its design and the whole package.
I prefer to listen to whole albums all of the time. Sometimes I get interrupted. Hate that!

As for design... The design of both the Classics and the Neo is stunning! Very well engineered for both looks and comfort. I think they are my most beautiful headphones. The design is very elegant. I never got the Classic as my husband already had one and at first it only had the small uncomfortable pads. Plus I don't like to get the same headphones that he has anyway. Now with the new bigger pads and the beautiful black design of the Neo, I am really happy. They are my newest (and my last) headphones. If I had gotten the Classics I would have picked the Walnut and Silver. As for comfort, I can't decide if the Neos or my Nighthawks are my most comfortable headphones.

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #2,509 of 7,704
I prefer to listen to whole albums all of the time. Sometimes I get interrupted. Hate that!

As for design... The design of both the Classics and the Neo is stunning! Very well engineered for both looks and comfort. I think they are my most beautiful headphones. The design is very elegant. I never got the Classic as my husband already had one and at first it only had the small uncomfortable pads. Plus I don't like to get the same headphones that he has anyway. Now with the new bigger pads and the beautiful black design of the Neo, I am really happy. They are my newest (and my last) headphones. If I had gotten the Classics I would have picked the Walnut and Silver. As for comfort, I can't decide if the Neos or my Nighthawks are my most comfortable headphones.

You should both get the bigger pads - they are available to order from Meze and they should be more comfortable than the original, smaller pads!

Guys, I need one song that makes this headphones shine!

I want to show the Meze to my students and I want something that makes people go crazy :D

Thanks in advance.

We really need you to tell us what kind of music you want! There are excellent pieces from many genres, I for one listen to a lot of rock and metal, which might not be best to show to your students. Some songs like this could go well with people of all ages though:

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #2,511 of 7,704
You should both get the bigger pads - they are available to order from Meze and they should be more comfortable than the original, smaller pads!

I meant I was not interested in the Mezes when he did have the smaller pads. I tried them and they were physically painful for me. I think Iasted for two songs. He was then sent the larger pads when they became available but I did not try them at that time. We rarely borrow each others headphones. When I was considering the Neo (partly due to your review and some others) I borrowed his Classics for a whole weekend and then I ordered the Neo! So glad I did. I have not tried to compare the two sound-wise and I do not plan to. I hate doing that. I just like to enjoy my music... which I did while borrowing his and now with listening with mine.

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #2,512 of 7,704
Some songs like this could go well with people of all ages though:

That was a good song. I will need to look into this group. I happened to be sitting at my desk with my Nighthawks so I listened with them but now, because this is a Meze thread I am now listening again to the song with the Mezes. Both good... different but both good.

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #2,513 of 7,704
Thanks George, my kind of music is indie pop-rock but I'm open to other genres if the sound are impressive on the Mezes :)

I want a song that make the people wow :D

You could always go with something like this...
Listening now with the Mezes....

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2,516 of 7,704
What :D :D :D

Just Wow!!!

Thanks also to George, good song too.

Cool... made you go wow! LOL That second song cut off about 20 seconds too soon. I edited the post to insert a different link for the track.

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #2,517 of 7,704
Thanks George, my kind of music is indie pop-rock but I'm open to other genres if the sound are impressive on the Mezes :)

I want a song that make the people wow :D

Or, if you want something super explosive that takes good advantage of the really deep and strong bass 99C has, you can try this. I am always impressed when I hear it on 99C!

I meant I was not interested in the Mezes when he did have the smaller pads. I tried them and they were physically painful for me. I think Iasted for two songs. He was then sent the larger pads when they became available but I did not try them at that time. We rarely borrow each others headphones. When I was considering the Neo (partly due to your review and some others) I borrowed his Classics for a whole weekend and then I ordered the Neo! So glad I did. I have not tried to compare the two sound-wise and I do not plan to. I hate doing that. I just like to enjoy my music... which I did while borrowing his and now with listening with mine.

Woah, I'm very glad to have helped you find a headphone you enjoy! Please remember, as long as you're having fun, that is all which matters

You could always go with something like this...
Listening now with the Mezes....

Had to plug in 99C to see what is going on. Was not disappointed at all! Cool stuff there!

It would come in handy for me to take some of those songs as examples for the games I'm working on - something similar would work well as BG music for a game!

Jun 23, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #2,518 of 7,704
from one of my favorite albums to listen to with headphones... great on the Mezes....might fit into the indie pop genre that you like... well, actually I believe he describes himself as psychedelic folk.

Jun 23, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #2,519 of 7,704

Or, if you want something super explosive that takes good advantage of the really deep and strong bass 99C has, you can try this. I am always impressed when I hear it on 99C!

Wow... most of that scared me! Mezes handled it well though. Always interested in trying new music. I thought from the picture that the Haggard was going to be classical. I guess maybe it kinda was... Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #2,520 of 7,704
Wow... most of that scared me! Mezes handled it well though. Always interested in trying new music. I thought from the picture that the Haggard was going to be classical. I guess maybe it kinda was... Thanks for sharing!

Oh yes, Haggard does their thing pretty well - I probably should have mentioned that somewhere, but Haggard is pretty much one of the best Symphonic Death Metal bands I know - really looking forward to the day they'll make a new album...

Muse's Panic Station is a groovy song that is quite enjoyable for me, and Ken Arai - I Am is part of the OST for Parasyte, a very well done animated series.

All of those sound really good on 99C, at least to my ears! Discussing music will be really subjective though, this is why I asked for a genre of music before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back