MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 10, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #436 of 5,658
I'm a capitalist, not a mercantilist, and I think demand should impact price as well as supply.
Meze headphones are likely a “Vleben good”. Ie demand increases with price and exclusivity. At least for a while. In any case, they seem at least as well made as any other $4000 headphone.

Sep 10, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #437 of 5,658
I just received my Elites today. Initial impressions of the sound signature is good but I hate that my ears touch the inside grill with the hybrid pads.

Sep 10, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #438 of 5,658
Touching ears part is a disqualifier for me. Regardless of price.

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #440 of 5,658
Touching ears part is a disqualifier for me. Regardless of price.
Same for me. The LCD 4 does this and it annoys the hell out of me.

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #441 of 5,658
Same for me. The LCD 4 does this and it annoys the hell out of me.
New LCDX 2021 pads do exactly that. Sounds more “even” but …… the touching thingy is very annoying. Might switch back to OG pads bc of it.

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #442 of 5,658
I dunno, MSRP should be a reflection of the actual cost to make any given product. So old-fashioned, I know, but a headphone that costs 1-2k to make should not cost 6k to buy. That's ridiculous.
that might be true if they didnt have the cost of development...paying employees,rent,electric bills etc etc....this would apply to everything not just a HP

This makes no sense at all. Theres loads of under 500 hps that sound amazing.
Not surprised of your point of view since you think that a 3k cable would improve a headphone performance...

To me It's crazy and inmoral to pay 9k for a pair of headphones considering the world situation atm.
last I looked nobody was forcing you to buy anything...if the 500 dollar HP sounds good to you great...I highly doubt the next HP's will cost 9k but they will be priced where people will buy them, period

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #443 of 5,658
Guys, I'm stuck in a pickle here biting my thumb. So the new update on my Elite which should of passed about 100 hours of continuous burnin in and they are actually starting to sound pretty sweet. Should I sell them and get the Solitaire-P or just invest in a tube amp like the Wells Dragon. Ugh, why couldn't these continue to suck, would of made my decision easier. Lol

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #444 of 5,658
I hope Meze will offer an alternate color scheme. I am not a fan of the black grills, it camuflates the beatiful mesh patterns. A copper version would be perfect for me. I got the original Empy and missed the copper version. And as most parts are common on both Empy and Elite, like the grill, Meze could just use the same parts from the copper Empy on the copper Elite.
Bronze, gold, or even silver (on the grill not the frame) would be fine too.

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #445 of 5,658
Guys, I'm stuck in a pickle here biting my thumb. So the new update on my Elite which should of passed about 100 hours of continuous burnin in and they are actually starting to sound pretty sweet. Should I sell them and get the Solitaire-P or just invest in a tube amp like the Wells Dragon. Ugh, why couldn't these continue to suck, would of made my decision easier. Lol

Mine are no where near that level of burn in but I have enjoyed them the more I listen. Tonight I listened to Mobile Fidelity's remaster of Electric Warrior and Stereolab's remastered Dots And Loops. Enjoyed both both quite a bit.

I do agree with the above posts regarding the ear proximity. I hardly notice it now as I did initially, but occasionally I'm reminded. Unless there was an engineering reason for it, I think it's a dumb step backwards IMO.

Also played "Networking" by The Knife and they kept up with the track. Pink Floyd's Animals sounded great as well.

Gonna keep piling hours on 'em. Running them out of the RME. Plenty of juice to drive. Wonder how'd they sound out of the 789 I have sitting around.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #446 of 5,658
Mine are no where near that level of burn in but I have enjoyed them the more I listen. Tonight I listened to Mobile Fidelity's remaster of Electric Warrior and Stereolab's remastered Dots And Loops. Enjoyed both both quite a bit.

I do agree with the above posts regarding the ear proximity. I hardly notice it now as I did initially, but occasionally I'm reminded. Unless there was an engineering reason for it, I think it's a dumb step backwards IMO.

Also played "Networking" by The Knife and they kept up with the track. Pink Floyd's Animals sounded great as well.

Gonna keep piling hours on 'em. Running them out of the RME. Plenty of juice to drive. Wonder how'd they sound out of the 789 I have sitting around.
My ears touch a tad sometimes too. But it doesn't bother me at all.

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #447 of 5,658
…my Elite … are actually starting to sound pretty sweet. Should I sell them and get the Solitaire-P or …
Seems simple to me :)

Hang onto the Elite for a while. Enjoy whatever is great about them. Then, if you decide to move on you’ll have fond memories. It’s not like the T&As won’t be available in a few weeks or months or however long it takes for you decide. On the other hand, if after another week of burn-in you aren’t interested, then yeah, move on.

I ‘rented’ Empy for 4 months for about $300. I do have fond memories but would actually love to try them again with my mTT2.

Then I ‘rented’ RAD-0 for a year for about $400. While I enjoyed their sound, ultimately comfort issues drove them out and I’m not tempted to get them again.

Point being, you’ll regret not hanging onto them long enough to get ‘closure’,

Obviously JMHO.

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #448 of 5,658
So the new update on my Elite which should of passed about 100 hours of continuous burnin in and they are actually starting to sound pretty sweet.
You are halfway there.
Changes in sound cease to occur after 200 - 300 hours of "warming up" the headphones, provided that other elements of the sound system are also warmed up and no longer change their sound.
You still have to wait to make the right decision.

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #449 of 5,658

Hang onto the Elite for a while. Enjoy whatever is great about them. Then, if you decide to move on you’ll have fond memories. It’s not like the T&As won’t be available in a few weeks or months or however long it takes for you decide. On the other hand, if after another week of burn-in you aren’t interested, then yeah, move on.

I ‘rented’ Empy for 4 months for about $300. I do have fond memories but would actually love to try them again with my mTT2.

Then I ‘rented’ RAD-0 for a year for about $400. While I enjoyed their sound, ultimately comfort issues drove them out and I’m not tempted to get them again.

Obviously JMHO.
That's true. I already feel guilt. Lol. I know what I'm using isn't up to snuff with just a dx300 dap. That's why I feel it's time to dip into those tubes finally. It was always a goal after the last NY canjam.

Obviously JMHO.
Rented from where? The cable company? I should of went this route with how tired I get with certain gear. Would of saved me lots of money.
You are halfway there.
Changes in sound cease to occur after 200 - 300 hours of "warming up" the headphones, provided that other elements of the sound system are also warmed up and no longer change their sound.
You still have to wait to make the right decision.
I'm just curious to see how good I can get them with them being this surprise already now. Because the first weekend I owned them I already had slowly tried writing them off. Lol

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #450 of 5,658
Mine are continuing to improve at about 65 hours now. Empys changed out to 200, so I suspect these will be similar.

They are quite responsive to cable change. I prefer the fat copper Capistrano Cables monster. They sound much brighter with Forza Noir Hybrid HPC. The change is greater than it is with Empy. I have to dig up my Silver Dragon Premium to see how it likes pure silver.

Also, I tried the Elite with GSX Mini, and it definitely warms up a bit, if you are wanting that. I’m not, so upstairs it will be Forza.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back