Meze Audio IEM Tour: Single Dynamic Driver ADVAR
May 13, 2022 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50
Meze_Audio_Advar_lifestyle.jpg

Meze Audio values first-hand experience and constructive feedback from experienced users, and we want to connect with as many dedicated headphone enthusiasts as possible. We decided to host this tour so that you can try our latest product with your own players and music and form your opinion as early as possible.

The Advar is our latest IEM offer that hides a powerful, detailed, lifelike sound behind a uniquely designed stainless steel chassis. Inside the shell, a precisely tuned 10.2 mm single dynamic driver creates a warm, dynamic presentation that stays true to Meze Audio’s already established sound signature. The diaphragm offers impressive control all across the frequency range, leaving room to a smooth, velvet-like sound. The CNC finishing and high-gloss Black Chrome plating on the main shell added a touch of elegance to a well-engineering ear monitor.

Please read the tour instruction carefully. By signing up for the tour, you are agreeing to follow the tour arrangement and will publish a detailed review of Advar Showcase on Head Gear or any magazine/review website you are affiliated with. For more information regarding Meze Advar, please check out the Meze website and the official Meze Audio Advar thread in Head-Fi forum.

Tour Schedule:
  • 13 May 2022: Tour Application Starts
  • 20 May 2022: Tour Application Ended
  • 23 May 2021: Tour Reviewers announced and start to collect mailing addresses.
  • 25 May 2021: Tour Sample will be sent to reviewers

How to Apply:

If you are interested to review our Advar in this tour, please reply to this thread and provide the following information:
  • Head-Fi Username:
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located.
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere.
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition.
  • IEMs that you currently own.

Logistic Arrangement:
  • We shall group reviewers according to geographical locations.
  • We shall send Advar review package to the first reviewer in each group.
  • Each tour reviewer is responsible for paying the shipping costs to the next tour reviewer.
  • The last reviewer on the list will be responsible to ship the combo to a designated address to conclude the tour. If the return address requires international shipping, Meze will cover the mailing cost incurred.
  • Meze will cover all import tax but please help us to control our tax expenditure whenever possible.
  • Unless other stated by your next reviewer, please use a trackable mailing service with a signature required.
  • If we have more than one Head-Fiers from the same metropolitan area/city joining the tour, we encourage them to pass the equipment in person to reduce shipping cost and mailing time and share the final logistic cost if needed.
  • To minimize tax and logistic costs, we shall avoid international shipping within the group unless the shipment is tax-free and low-risk/low-cost in logistic and custom handling.

Terms and Instruction
  • The tour reviewer can keep the Advar Tour sample for no more than 10 calendar days, please plan your audition and be prepared to ship/pass the package on the 10th of your audition period.
  • By signing up for the tour, you are agreeing to post a formal review and/or some form of impressions within 14 days after your audition period, and Meze Audio can use your review of the Advar for sales and marketing purposes.
  • We are particularly interested in the associated electronics you used during the review, and is most appreciated if you can include a photo of Advar with associated players, portable amp, or DAC/amp in your writing.
  • Meze Audio reserves the right to the selection, grouping, and scheduling of reviewers in this tour.

Publication guideline

You are free to write up your sharing or impression as long as it represents your true feeling and opinions toward the product. Please state in your review/impression that the Advar is a free loan unit from Meze Audio, and you have/shall return the unit to Meze at the end of the review period.

Please do not post your impression in this thread because no one will read this thread after we finalized our tour reviewers. We want your reviews to be read by as many current or potential users of Advar as possible, so please share your review to the official Advar thread, the Advar Showcase at Head Gear, or any related general discussion thread in the Head-Fi forum if you happen to be an active member. On top of the Head-Fi forum, you are welcome to post your review/impression/photo to any social media or local Personal Audio forum/blog/magazine, etc., Please tag your review/impression/photo with #MezeAdvar so that we can keep track of your contribution, which is an important factor when we shortlist tour reviews in subsequent products.

Tour Reviewers

Group 1
  1. darmanastartes
  2. Wiljen
  3. ngoshawk
  4. macdonjh
  5. intoitreviews
  6. csglinux

Group 2
  1. kmmbd
  2. godmax
  3. ThanatosVI
  4. Forever8895
  5. SenyorC
  6. Scuba Devils

Group 3
  1. gLer
  2. CrocodileDundee
  3. xenithon
  4. o0genesis0o
  5. Neweymatt
  6. tombrisbane

Meze_Audio_Advar_lifestyle 2.jpg

In_ear_monitor_Meze_Arvard nozzle.jpg

Meze_Audio_Advar_on_DAP.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 13, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 50
Really keen to try out the new Advar.
  • Head-Fi Username: xenithon
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Johannesburg, South Africa
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: several reviews within threads, one recently published in Head Gear on the T+A Solitaire P located here
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: HiBy R8, Cayin C9
  • IEMs that you currently own: Oriolus Traillii (can also compare to the Meze Elite that I own)

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #3 of 50
Wouldn't mind to participate:

Head-Fi username: ThanatosVI
City and country: Euskirchen, Germany
No reviews published anywhere but quite elaborate impressions on all Meze Flagships and T+A Solitaire P in their respective threads.

Audio gear to use for audition:
Shure SHA900 (portable)
T+A MP2000R + T+A PA2000R (stationary)

Comparisons possible to:
Meze Rai Penta, Shure Se846, Hifiman Re2000, Meze 12 classics V2
And all Meze flagship headphones

May 13, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #4 of 50
Hey Andy,

Thank you for the offer again!
  • Head-Fi Username: forever8895
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Budapest, Hungary
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: Faudio Dark Sky, Effect Audio Axiom, Cayin Fantasy, all here in Head-fi
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: QLS QA361 and Sony ZX300
  • IEMs that you currently own: Faudio Dark Sky and Final B3

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #5 of 50
I would love to try Advar!
  • Head-Fi username: Scuba Devils
  • Located in Dublin, Ireland
  • Reviews: Shanling M9, UM MEXT, DUNU ZEN PRO, FAudio Dark Sky, Sennheiser IE900 - HERE
  • Sources: Shanling M9, Sony NW-WM1A, L&P W2
  • IEMs I own: Oriolus Traillii, Aroma Audio Thunder, Elysian X, VE EXT, Sony IER-Z1R, qdc Dmagic 3D, Sennheiser IE900, DUNU ZEN PRO, BQEYZ Autumn, 7hz Timeless, BLON-03, CCA CRA
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 13, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #6 of 50
Head-Fi Username: asifur
The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: BANGLADESH
Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere:
https://www.head-fi.org/members/asifur.541000/showcase-reviews
Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: Cayin N8ii, Questyle M15, Shanling M7, etc
IEMs that you currently own: Vision Ears EXT, UM MEST MK2, AUDEZE EUCLID, DUNU ZEN PRO, CAYIN FANTASY, Campfire Audio Dorado 2020, etc

May 13, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #7 of 50
  • Head-Fi Username: ngoshawk
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located. Warrensburg, USA
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere. CEntrance Ampersand & M8V2, Cayin C9 (front page, all)
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition. iFi Pro iCAN/iDSD, EarMen TR-Amp, Shanling M6 Pro, MBP
  • IEMs that you currently own. Empire Ears Legend X, Dunu SA6, Empire Ears Hero, DDHiFi Janus2 w/Air Nyx cable
I agree to abide by all your guidelines and will provide an open & honest review of chosen.

May 13, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #8 of 50
Sign me up too:
  • Head-Fi Username: wiljen
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located. Kingsport TN USA
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere. https://audiofool.reviews as well as countless reviews here.
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition. AK Kann Alpha, Sony WM1a, DTR, RME ADI-2, iFi xDSD & Gryphon
  • IEMs that you currently own. UE Live, UE Pro 5, Empire Ears Wraith, Eartech Quint, Dunu Sa6&EST, Hifiman Re2000 Silver, Fir Audio 5x5
I agree to abide by all your guidelines and will provide an open & honest review of chosen.

May 13, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #9 of 50
Username: mRaaghava
City & Country: Mahbubnagar, Telangana, India
Reviews Written: itsfit labs Fusion, Moondrop Blessing 2, QoA Mojito & Pink Lady, Sennheiser IE300 etc.,. You can find my reviews here: https://www.head-fi.org/members/mraaghava.459990/
Audio Equipment that you will use for review: FiiO M17 & HiBy RS6
IEMs I own now: FiiO FD3 Pro, FiiO FH9, Sony IERZ1R & Audeze LCD i4

May 13, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 50
I would love to take part in this tour.

• Head-Fi Username: @SenyorC
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Murcia, Spain
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: All of my reviews are posted on Achoreviews.com (in English and Spanish), on YouTube.com/achoreviews (in Spanish) and on Head-fi showcase and various other English and Spanish forums
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: multiple equipment but for IEMs I mainly use iFi Gryphon, iFi Go Blu and Aune BU2
  • IEMs that you currently own: too many to list but I have 90% of the IEMs that I have reviewed available.
I am happy to provide more in depth info if needed.

Thanks.

May 13, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #11 of 50
  • Head-Fi Username: godmax
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Nurnberg, Germany
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: Meze Liric and Questyle CMA Fifteen
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: Hiby R5, Hiby R3 Pro Saber, Violectric DHA V226 and many more
  • IEMs that you currently own: Moondrop Starfield

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #12 of 50
Count me in, please:
  • Head-Fi Username: macdonjh
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located. Houston, USA
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere. most recently Meze Liric, Kennerton Rognir, Yulong DA-1.
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition. A&K AK70 Mk II, Questyle QP2r (my phone sucks... :))
  • IEMs that you currently own. Meze Rai Penta and Rai Solo, 64Audio Trio

May 13, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #13 of 50

Meze Audio values first-hand experience and constructive feedback from experienced users, and we want to connect with as many dedicated headphone enthusiasts as possible. We decided to host this tour so that you can try our latest product with your own players and music and form your opinion as early as possible.

The Advar is our latest IEM offer that hides a powerful, detailed, lifelike sound behind a uniquely designed stainless steel chassis. Inside the shell, a precisely tuned 10.2 mm single dynamic driver creates a warm, dynamic presentation that stays true to Meze Audio’s already established sound signature. The diaphragm offers impressive control all across the frequency range, leaving room to a smooth, velvet-like sound. The CNC finishing and high-gloss Black Chrome plating on the main shell added a touch of elegance to a well-engineering ear monitor.

Please read the tour instruction carefully. By signing up for the tour, you are agreeing to follow the tour arrangement and will publish a detailed review of Advar Showcase on Head Gear or any magazine/review website you are affiliated with. For more information regarding Meze Advar, please check out the Meze website and the official Meze Audio Advar thread in Head-Fi forum.

Tour Schedule:
  • 13 May 2022: Tour Application Starts
  • 20 May 2022: Tour Application Ended
  • 23 May 2021: Tour Reviewers announced and start to collect mailing addresses.
  • 25 May 2021: Tour Sample will be sent to reviewers

How to Apply:

If you are interested to review our Advar in this tour, please reply to this thread and provide the following information:
  • Head-Fi Username:
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located.
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere.

Logistic Arrangement:
  • We shall group reviewers according to geographical locations.
  • We shall send Advar review package to the first reviewer in each group.
  • Each tour reviewer is responsible for paying the shipping costs to the next tour reviewer.
  • The last reviewer on the list will be responsible to ship the combo to a designated address to conclude the tour. If the return address requires international shipping, Meze will cover the mailing cost incurred.
  • Meze will cover all import tax but please help us to control our tax expenditure whenever possible.
  • Unless other stated by your next reviewer, please use a trackable mailing service with a signature required.
  • If we have more than one Head-Fiers from the same metropolitan area/city joining the tour, we encourage them to pass the equipment in person to reduce shipping cost and mailing time and share the final logistic cost if needed.
  • To minimize tax and logistic costs, we shall avoid international shipping within the group unless the shipment is tax-free and low-risk/low-cost in logistic and custom handling.

Terms and Instruction
  • The tour reviewer can keep the Advar Tour sample for no more than 10 calendar days, please plan your audition and be prepared to ship/pass the package on the 10th of your audition period.
  • By signing up for the tour, you are agreeing to post a formal review and/or some form of impressions within 14 days after your audition period, and Meze Audio can use your review of the Advar for sales and marketing purposes.
  • We are particularly interested in the associated electronics you used during the review, and is most appreciated if you can include a photo of Advar with associated players, portable amp, or DAC/amp in your writing.
  • Meze Audio reserves the right to the selection, grouping, and scheduling of reviewers in this tour.

Publication guideline

You are free to write up your sharing or impression as long as it represents your true feeling and opinions toward the product. Please state in your review/impression that the Advar is a free loan unit from Meze Audio, and you have/shall return the unit to Meze at the end of the review period.

Please do not post your impression in this thread because no one will read this thread after we finalized our tour reviewers. We want your reviews to be read by as many current or potential users of Advar as possible, so please share your review to the official Advar thread, the Advar Showcase at Head Gear, or any related general discussion thread in the Head-Fi forum if you happen to be an active member. On top of the Head-Fi forum, you are welcome to post your review/impression/photo to any social media or local Personal Audio forum/blog/magazine, etc., Please tag your review/impression/photo with #MezeAdvar so that we can keep track of your contribution, which is an important factor when we shortlist tour reviews in subsequent products.

• Head-Fi Username: intoitreviews
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located. Gilbert, Arizona, USA
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere. Too many to list; please refer to my YouTube Channel and website www.intoitreviews.com
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition. A variety of high end to low end audio equipment.
  • IEMs that you currently own. Too many to list. I receive products often to review. I have worked with Meze before and hope to continue our partnership via this IEM and future product reviews. Thank you for your consideration. Please reachout via email listed on the website/YouTube Channel should you have additional questions or require further information.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #14 of 50
  • Head-Fi Username: intoitreviews
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located. Gilbert, Arizona, USA
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere. Too many to list; please refer to my YouTube Channel and website www.intoitreviews.com
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition. A variety of high end to low end audio equipment.
  • IEMs that you currently own. Too many to list. I receive products often to review. I have worked with Meze before and hope to continue our partnership via this IEM and future product reviews. Thank you for your consideration. Please reachout via email listed on the website/YouTube Channel should you have additional questions or require further information.

May 14, 2022 at 12:52 AM Post #15 of 50
  • Head-Fi Username: kmmbd
  • The CITY and COUNTRY you are located: Munich, Germany
  • Reviews on Personal Audio products you have published in Head Gear/Head-fi forum or elsewhere: https://www.head-fi.org/members/kmmbd.515296/#showcase-reviews
  • Audio equipment that you will use in your Advar audition: Lotoo PAW 6000, Sony NW-A55, Questyle CMA-400i
  • IEMs that you currently own: Dunu Zen, SoftEars Turii, Meze 12 Classics V2, Campfire Holocene, Final E5000, JVC FDX-1, Dunu Studio SA6, Etymotic ER4XR and many more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back