Meze EMPYREAN II
Dec 17, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #272 of 611
wow the golden meze on the right looks damn sexy. is that the og empy?
It's the limited Sunset Boulevard Version available at headphone.shop.

You can actually get both the Elite and Empyrean II in that Design. (If you're lucky there is maybe also an original Empyrean left)

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #277 of 611
Dec 17, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #278 of 611
20231217_134653.jpg

Listening my new Empyrean 2 with a Japanese jazz band, 3 Blind Mice, SACD is F amazing....
Another WOW factor similar to OG Utopia back in late 2016.....

Dec 17, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #280 of 611
Dec 17, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #281 of 611
Just waiting for Expanse to return from DCA and I'll compare Empyrean II with my other flagship cans. I'll be trying them all with my HoloAudio Bliss KTE and Cayin HA-300 MK2. Should be a lot of fun. I've put about 10 hours on Empy II so far, but early on I can tell they're phenomenal. If anyone here has tube amps, definitely do some tube rolling with Empyrean II as they seem to soak up coloration from various tubes quite well.

KJ7ypAm.jpg
a fine collection of cans you have there. i'm particularly interested in how the empyrean 2 compares to the susvara.

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #282 of 611
Just waiting for Expanse to return from DCA and I'll compare Empyrean II with my other flagship cans. I'll be trying them all with my HoloAudio Bliss KTE and Cayin HA-300 MK2. Should be a lot of fun. I've put about 10 hours on Empy II so far, but early on I can tell they're phenomenal. If anyone here has tube amps, definitely do some tube rolling with Empyrean II as they seem to soak up coloration from various tubes quite well.

KJ7ypAm.jpg
Any chance you could also try pad swapping on the Meze's? Specifically curious how the Duo pads sound on the Elites compared to the stock hybrids.

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #283 of 611
@ThanatosVI
@Aeonyx
So how does Empyrean 2 sound compared to Elite in your opinion?

Leaner Elite?

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #285 of 611
"You with the Empyrean 2 get a more neutral tuning with lighter body and weight. There also is a faster presentation with improved clarity and the better control overall.

The improved clarity lets the detail come out better and shows you the better note extension and spaciousness in the midrange. Also compared to the ELITE, the vocals are lighter and as such more energetic. Besides the more spacious mids I don’t really feel the top end here is more extended in this comparison. Like with the Empyrean, the ELITE’s midrange timbre is richer and more romantic.

So if you like the ELITE but you still want more neutrality, less weight and a faster pace, then the Empyrean 2 is the one for you. If you still want some of Meze’s house sound (well up to now) with a high resolution and spacious rendering, than the ELITE will be the one for you".

https://www.headfonia.com/meze-audio-empyrean-2-review/4/
I always find it interesting how different people feel about the high-end meze stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back