MicroDac vs Zhaolu for Sennheiser phones
Oct 31, 2006 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Davesrose

Headphoneus Supremus
OK, I submittted this to dedicated components section, but haven't gotten any direct comparisons. Thought maybe this area gets more readers! I'm looking for a good DAC that can run off my laptop and my CD player (or I assume if I get a good enough rig for my computer, it can be good for CDs as well). I currently use a MicroAmp to drive my phones (switch from a Sony CD player to my laptop for mp3s). My laptop tends to clip the headphones during certain bass heavy segments.

So I'm thinking about maybe getting the MicroDac to go with my Microamp. The threads on the Zhaolu DAC rates very highly on this forum. I'm wondering how big of a difference in sound it might have, and if it's still big if I have to find a way to feed a digital signal from my laptop (since it doesn't have a usb port like the MicroDAC does). Has anyone actually heard both DACs to confirm a difference in sound quality???

Oct 31, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 3
It's against forum rules for this thread to be here, especially when you knew better that it belonged in the source section. However, we'll be having a big Georgia/Southeast meet sometime in January, and at least two of us have Zhaolus, and one has a MicroDAC, so you can compare there. Look in the meets section for updates.

Oct 31, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 3
k, didn't know it was against rules.....since I've noticed several people do submit interchangably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back