Mid Fi - General chat for all discussions and general chat a Thread for all.
Apr 26, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #241 of 347
$1k isn’t cheap by any measure, but it’s nowhere near TOTL. By definition it’s mid-fi since it doesn’t cleanly fit into any price genre

For me, summit-fi league doesn’t mean TOTL. A Chord Hugo 2 TT is considered summit-fi for most people but isn’t TOTL by any stretch. Using that analogy, splurging 1K on an IEM gives me and most people that extra step to cross the mid-fi tier and enter the gates of the summit. There’s a reason why Crinacle popularized the term “Kilobuck” signifying the entry to the summit

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:41 AM Post #242 of 347
My Mid-fi setup for this session:
435147648_727605406210904_6687421378790812721_n.jpg

Tanchjim Origin and the Fiio Q15 :)

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #243 of 347
My mid-fi bundle:
IMG_20231124_221402.jpg

Shanling H7 + IvipQ-309 + Night Oblivion Butastur + Pentaconn Coreir.

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #244 of 347
HZIDIZ MP145--->:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

A few months ago, I saw a Passion for Sound review about MP145 and a few other IEMs.
And the man put them on top among those.
I thought, great these are the first serious IEMs I a going to buy...then I joined "Discovery thread",
Asked for recommendation...and my journey went on another direction...Dunu Falcon Ultra...
and a bunch of other IEMs...cheap ones and not cheap ones...
I was almost in the group of those who got them first...now I say better late then never :)

They are great..what to say when everything has been already said? They scale up from NiceHCK F1 Pro,
They are more versatile, I'd say. The shape is weird, looks really nice, and feels great...if the nozles are tad shorter,
I would be in deep trouble. The seal is great with stock tips (for bass). That's also a great thing that they named tips for the purposes.
All in all...great IEMs for $100 :) Yes, it was a sale that I saw and grab them instantly. I also got Spinfit tips as a present :)
So I could say it's less than $100 :)
Mid-priced, NO. Mid-sounding, YES! I guess :)

I have been listening to my favourite band since I was a kid when I discovered them. This is their first album (1981.).
Probably most people know who Eurythmics are and their famous songs, but probably only a few know about this album, which is amazing!
How couldn't it be with such a genius as David A. Stewart and diva Annie Lennox?
By the way, she was a waitress when they first met, and David discovered her potential.
The rest is well known. They are the best duo ever! :ksc75smile:

Cheers!

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #245 of 347
For me, summit-fi league doesn’t mean TOTL. A Chord Hugo 2 TT is considered summit-fi for most people but isn’t TOTL by any stretch. Using that analogy, splurging 1K on an IEM gives me and most people that extra step to cross the mid-fi tier and enter the gates of the summit. There’s a reason why Crinacle popularized the term “Kilobuck” signifying the entry to the summit
Genuinely curious of what keeps the TT2 from being considered TOTL?

I heard it being used purely as a DAC in a Hifi speaker system and it was bordering on magical as far as I am concerned! They switched it out for a DAC costing $1000 and it was pretty much a night and day difference.

Apr 26, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #246 of 347
$1k isn’t cheap by any measure, but it’s nowhere near TOTL. By definition it’s mid-fi since it doesn’t cleanly fit into any price genre

HZIDIZ MP145--->:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

A few months ago, I saw a Passion for Sound review about MP145 and a few other IEMs.

MIDFI means different things to different people all opinions are welcome
And the man put them on top among those.
I thought, great these are the first serious IEMs I a going to buy...then I joined "Discovery thread",
Asked for recommendation...and my journey went on another direction...Dunu Falcon Ultra...
and a bunch of other IEMs...cheap ones and not cheap ones...
I was almost in the group of those who got them first...now I say better late then never :)

They are great..what to say when everything has been already said? They scale up from NiceHCK F1 Pro,
They are more versatile, I'd say. The shape is weird, looks really nice, and feels great...if the nozles are tad shorter,
I would be in deep trouble. The seal is great with stock tips (for bass). That's also a great thing that they named tips for the purposes.
All in all...great IEMs for $100 :) Yes, it was a sale that I saw and grab them instantly. I also got Spinfit tips as a present :)
So I could say it's less than $100 :)
Mid-priced, NO. Mid-sounding, YES! I guess :)

I have been listening to my favourite band since I was a kid when I discovered them. This is their first album (1981.).
Probably most people know who Eurythmics are and their famous songs, but probably only a few know about this album, which is amazing!
How couldn't it be with such a genius as David A. Stewart and diva Annie Lennox?
By the way, she was a waitress when they first met, and David discovered her potential.
The rest is well known. They are the best duo ever! :ksc75smile:

Cheers!

I heard it being used purely as a DAC in a Hifi speaker system and it was bordering on magical as far as I am concerned! They switched it out for a DAC costing $1000 and it was pretty much a night and day difference.

Midfi means different things to different people so all opinions on what's Midfi are relevant and acceptable here.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #247 of 347

Chord DAVE exists as Chord’s TOTL DAC

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #248 of 347
Hmm, taking sentences from one post and mixing them into another post is really weird.
The whole context loses meaning.
When I write a certain sentence or the whole text, I don't do that accidentally...
The beginning, the end, and the middle are connected;
I appreciate your good intentions, but if I wanted to add something, I would do that myself. :wink:

Cheers!

Apr 27, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #249 of 347
IMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-1.jpg
IMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-2.jpg

IMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB.jpg

A brand with a controversial reputation around businesses practices but unique driver configurations the IMR ACOUSTICS Enigma here with open back plate
SPECIFICATION11.5mm bespoke CNT A.D.L.C dynamic driver with neodymium motors + bespoke 8mm A.M.T driver + monolithic piezo MEMS driver
Adding up to the most impressive iem have heard to date
My set up of choice blue lower tuning nozzle with red upper. Tangzu TangSanCai ear tips, Clan Audio copper + Silver plated copper mix 8w cable with the Sony NW-M1A or Cayin N7 the sound is just beyond everything in my collection.
Deep thunderous Bass with amazing articulation, texture and detail with forward mids that bring Superb vocals with every nuance apparent and separation between instruments that just brings music alive topped off with supremely natural treble sibilance and fatigue free. The whole coherent signature is muscular, musical and satisfying in every way for my preferences and music library.
The owner of IMR might possibly be one of worst business men in the hobby but is definitely a tuning and design genius 👌

Music library
Queen
Van Halen
Thin Lizzy
Volbeat
The Hu
Bowie
Prince
Lorde
White Buffalo
Shawn Mullins
Dire straits
Brothers Osborne
Massive Attack
Portishead
Taylor Swift.
Ryan Adams
Earth wind and fire
Stevie Wonder
Alabama 3
Big Boi
Hall and Oats
Snoop Dog
Tupac
Lil NazX

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #250 of 347
Two mid-fi sets that continue to delight and amaze me with every listen -

DITA Project M

IMG_3244.jpeg

NiceHCK Himalaya

IMG_3242.jpeg

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #251 of 347
IMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-1.jpgIMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB-2.jpg
IMR ACOUSTICS ENIGMA OB.jpg
A brand with a controversial reputation around businesses practices but unique driver configurations the IMR ACOUSTICS Enigma here with open back plate
SPECIFICATION11.5mm bespoke CNT A.D.L.C dynamic driver with neodymium motors + bespoke 8mm A.M.T driver + monolithic piezo MEMS driver
Adding up to the most impressive iem have heard to date
My set up of choice blue lower tuning nozzle with red upper. Tangzu TangSanCai ear tips, Clan Audio copper + Silver plated copper mix 8w cable with the Sony NW-M1A or Cayin N7 the sound is just beyond everything in my collection.
Deep thunderous Bass with amazing articulation, texture and detail with forward mids that bring Superb vocals with every nuance apparent and separation between instruments that just brings music alive topped off with supremely natural treble sibilance and fatigue free. The whole coherent signature is muscular, musical and satisfying in every way for my preferences and music library.
The owner of IMR might possibly be one of worst business men in the hobby but is definitely a tuning and design genius 👌

Music library
Queen
Van Halen
Thin Lizzy
Volbeat
The Hu
Bowie
Prince
Lorde
White Buffalo
Shawn Mullins
Dire straits
Brothers Osborne
Massive Attack
Portishead
Taylor Swift.
Ryan Adams
Earth wind and fire
Stevie Wonder
Alabama 3
Big Boi
Hall and Oats
Snoop Dog
Tupac
Lil NazX
Same for me - have the Enigma+ (closed) and this set plays in a league of it's own. Extremely satisfying for my tastes... Btw the Code 24 matches it very well imo.

Apr 28, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #252 of 347
My Sunday afternoon with yet another wonderful mid-fi IEM, the Orivetti OH700VB - such a pleasure to listen to, and great even with the humble Hiby R3 II… love this tiny yet easy to use DAP… plus with a 1TB card loaded, literally thousands of albums in my pocket and barely feel it due to weight and size.

IMG_3254.jpeg

Apr 28, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #253 of 347
My Sunday afternoon with yet another wonderful mid-fi IEM, the Orivetti OH700VB - such a pleasure to listen to, and great even with the humble Hiby R3 II… love this tiny yet easy to use DAP… plus with a 1TB card loaded, literally thousands of albums in my pocket and barely feel it due to weight and size.

Hiby R3 II is a great device, I agree. :)

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #254 of 347
Inflation hits hard when a thousand bucks for an IEM is “mid” 😂

IMHO, anything 1k up is high-end. Things like Anni or Phonix or CP622B are summit-fi since there is no where higher to climb (for now)

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #255 of 347
Two mid-fi sets that continue to delight and amaze me with every listen -

DITA Project M

NiceHCK Himalaya

Love the Himalaya such a great DD and beautiful understated looks. Very premium design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back