Mini-to-mini cables?
Aug 18, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #2 of 8
Can you define your budget?
There's the ALO interconnects which are very reputable around here. There are also a few members that make IC and sell here on the forums. I bought a TURBO's mini-mini, which is beautiful very well made and sounds superb ...

Aug 18, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 8
http://www.headphone.com/products/ca...mini-cable.php

It's not white and it's not silver, but it will transfer the signal from your ipod to your amp and it will sound just as good as any other cable
wink.gif

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:02 PM Post #5 of 8
I have a suggestion. Don't amp the headphone out. Unless you have an imod, you need an ipod dock connector to mini cable. I could tell the headphone out on an ipod sucks with about a minute's listen.

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #7 of 8
Basically you have three main groupings: copper, silver, and silver plated copper. Copper is the mellower of the three, while silver is the fastest and allows the higher frequencies to have more "energy".

There are a lot of other considerations such as cryo cables, casing construction, type/size of plug, etc. There is also price, from $15 to $400 (22 carat gold).

I think that a good compromise would be a silver plated copper, perhaps from one of the DIYers here. If this is your first cable I would suggest keeping the cost under $35 or so, just in case you decide to go into a different route later. Of course if you have the dough go for whatever fancies your boat.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 19, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #8 of 8
Check out Alex's work over at www.apuresound.com I have one of his mini-mini and just love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back