Miu-Audio give away - 30 sets headphone amplifier DIY Kit
Aug 25, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #181 of 205
I just finished mine too and it worked perfectly. Now some burn-in and some comparison.

6d38a5e5-5cc8-cefd.jpg

6d38a5e5-5ce0-4cee.jpg

6d38a5e5-5cf8-f05f.jpg

This amp is smaller than I thought. Thanks a lot MIU Audio!

Now I hope to get a chance to listen to your portable tube amp. The tube amp looks very interesting.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.481441,8.608153

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #182 of 205
I don't know if this is still going on but I would love to try it. I can solder and have done several different cables. I have a sansa Fuze with an LOD to try it out.

Aug 26, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #183 of 205

Quote:
I don't know if this is still going on but I would love to try it. I can solder and have done several different cables. I have a sansa Fuze with an LOD to try it out.

As far as I know it is too late.

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #187 of 205
I've finally received my kit. Thanks Ivan.  These things take time to get to me overseas.  I'll get around to building it later.

Aug 27, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #188 of 205

How does it sound with the DT1350?

Quote:
I just finished mine too and it worked perfectly. Now some burn-in and some comparison.

6d38a5e5-5cc8-cefd.jpg

6d38a5e5-5ce0-4cee.jpg

6d38a5e5-5cf8-f05f.jpg

This amp is smaller than I thought. Thanks a lot MIU Audio!

Now I hope to get a chance to listen to your portable tube amp. The tube amp looks very interesting.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.481441,8.608153

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #189 of 205

Quote:
So clean... I'm glad I don't have that level of OCD. 
tongue.gif
 How did you fit the yellow capacitors in? On my board, the lead spacing was off, so I had to bend the pins. Did you have this problem?

BTW, not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I love your website. Keep up the good work.

Thanks... i think :wink: Yes the lead spacing on the little film caps was off. The cap in between the 3.5mm jacks had a secondary through-hole that can be used on the board for proper spacing, the others I just bent one of the leads at 90 degrees under the cap and soldered in place.

Thanks for the compliment on the website btw :D 

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #190 of 205

Quote:
How does it sound with the DT1350?

It does not reach Mustang P-51 levels in soundstage or resolution but DT-1350 is the one headphone from my stash which sounds best with this new little amp. The DT-1350 is neutral and the MIY amp adds some weight in the bass. I also think the MIY amp has a grainy sound but lacks a little treble definition. The bass region is definitely where it does the best job. If I had to pay for this amplifier I would still think that it is a very good amplifier for the money and if I had not been spoiled with other great portable amplifiers I would love to carry this little thing with me everywhere. I really enjoy it and I am also tempted to buy one more kit - if they ever open an eBay shop in english - and build another amp to have at my office at work. 

I have about 20 hours on my battery at the moment. Does anyone know how much to expect from a normal alkaline 9V?

Also I would like to experiment with other OPamps - which ones would be the best start?

Aug 28, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #191 of 205
Ah, so it's a bassy amp? Sounds good. I am giving mine to a friend most likely, since I already have a very nice bassy amp in the X02. This will probably be redundant so I might as well spread the love.  Incidentally I also pair my DT1350 with the bassy X02 (as opposed to the neutral E9 or the bright MP5) because I feel it needs a little more low end. 

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #192 of 205
I finally got around to building mine, and it's driving my HD600s nicely.  My initial impression is that it's a tad brighter than my other amps with really nice tight bass, which, with the HD600, is a good thing depending on which source I use.
I'll post more detailed notes in the days to come, but in the meantime I'll say thanks to Miu!  It was an easy build and I'm looking forward to listening more.

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #193 of 205
I finally got around to building mine, and it's driving my HD600s nicely.  My initial impression is that it's a tad brighter than my other amps with really nice tight bass, which, with the HD600, is a good thing depending on which source I use.
I'll post more detailed notes in the days to come, but in the meantime I'll say thanks to Miu!  It was an easy build and I'm looking forward to listening more.

which model did you get? I would like to pair a brighter amp with my AKG K518 because they are bassy. because they are bassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back