Moar Trance!
Sep 28, 2010 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Mr.Sneis

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been getting super pumped on trance lately, moreso than usual haha.

Ferry Corsten will be in town tomorrow night, I'm hoping on sneaking out for it!  ATB was also in AZ last week, which I regrettably had to miss to make it to school the next morning.

I am a little disappointed in what Armin Van Buuren put out with Mirage, but he's still my favorite.  I've been rocking out to Above and Beyond - Ajunabeats Vol 8 and Kaskade - Electric Daisy Carnival based on a friend's recommendations.

What trance are you guys listening to now?  Post it up!

Sep 28, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 23
I know it's not technically trance, but if you search Drum and Bass Arena: Anthology, it is a pretty do all collection of un tiss un tiss you'll need. It's good when you don't feel like picking any individual song/artist, especially in itunes/ipod.

I also like Chase and Status even tho they kinda sold out, Sub Focus is good too. I like Drumsound and Bassline Smith.

I know you wouldn't call that trance but from what I've seen on these forums thats as close as it comes haha

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #4 of 23
I love the Song by Van Buuren with Sharon den adel (within temptation) i was impressed she was not singing metal this time. 
basshead.gif

Sep 29, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 23
I've also been listening to a lot of Above and Beyond recently.

Trance Around the World backlogs usually hit the spot. I'm also a fan of the old Tiesto In Search of Sunrise's so I give those a listen once in a while. 

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 23
I know there's a ton of different genres in "electronic" type music and I really don't care to pay attention because they pretty much all sound the same :p

Personally I like Deadmau5, Morgan Page, Krazy Baldhead, Boyz Noize, Justice, Pendulum, Chris Lake... Wow, there's alot.

I usually just use last.fm to find new artists that sound similar to my favorites (Use Deadmau5, Pendulum, or Justice as good starters for stations).

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #8 of 23

Quote:
I've been learning towards Tiesto...is there any song you guys recommend? 

As for original Tiesto songs I like: 

Look up some of the songs on In My Memory;
I'll like the whole album. It has a nice deep, pensive, almost atmospheric sound topped off with vocals. 

Battleship Grey
In My Memory
Suburban Train

A few songs off his ISOS's:

Do What U Want [Max Graham]
My World [Andy Moor]
To Forever [Moonbeam]

If you liked any of those, you can go ahead and listen to the rest of the songs on that particular compilation. They're all well done IMO.

Quote:
I know there's a ton of different genres in "electronic" type music and I really don't care to pay attention because they pretty much all sound the same :p

Personally I like Deadmau5, Morgan Page, Krazy Baldhead, Boyz Noize, Justice, Pendulum, Chris Lake... Wow, there's alot.

I usually just use last.fm to find new artists that sound similar to my favorites (Use Deadmau5, Pendulum, or Justice as good starters for stations).

eek.gif
eek.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #9 of 23
Some from my Spotify playlist:
who.is
Rex Mundi
Paul Oakenfold
John Askew
Aly & Fila
Markus Schulz
Project MC
Jose Amnesia
Majai
Nic Chagall
Alex M.O.R.P.H.
Re:Locate
Solarstone
Firewall
Super8 & Tab
Maor Levi
Deadmau5
Daniel Kandi
Leon Bolier

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #11 of 23
I think because you're saying "electronic" and "all sounds the same" in the same sentence
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm probably mistaken in this but I liken electronic to stuff like the Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, Dirty Vegas ~ while I consider trance a little more epic in scope (ie songs that blend seamlessly) and that you can dance to. 

I've noticed a trend that some of the big names tend to 1) Do their own original stuff (which can be big hit or big miss) or 2) Remix what their friends are doing.  The sounds IMO are not alike, most DJ's you can pick out based on their style. 

This is a really awesome thread though, lots of new names I've never heard before.

Quote:
Why the look? Lol.

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #12 of 23

Quote:
I'm probably mistaken in this but I liken electronic to stuff like the Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, Dirty Vegas ~ while I consider trance a little more epic in scope (ie songs that blend seamlessly) and that you can dance to. 

Really? Funny you say that because I listened to it, and don't get me wrong I love the album (Vegas), but I just couldn't really put it on play and listen to it. It just seemed kinda out there, like I couldn't get a grasp on it you know? I mean I guess it's not all my style, but I want some energy is electronic music, but I guess that's why I enjoy the Prodigy more (awesome band if you never heard them I could give you a few songs depending on your taste)

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #13 of 23

Quote:
I think because you're saying "electronic" and "all sounds the same" in the same sentence
smily_headphones1.gif

I've noticed a trend that some of the big names tend to 1) Do their own original stuff (which can be big hit or big miss) or 2) Remix what their friends are doing.  The sounds IMO are not alike, most DJ's you can pick out based on their style. 

This is a really awesome thread though, lots of new names I've never heard before.

Heh, yeah. I would probably go as far as saying Electronic music and it's sub genres have the most diversity between them compared to other umbrella genre sub genres. If that makes any sense, lol.  

Yeah Prodigy is awesome, especially Fat of the Land.

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #15 of 23

Quote:
Really? Funny you say that because I listened to it, and don't get me wrong I love the album (Vegas), but I just couldn't really put it on play and listen to it. It just seemed kinda out there, like I couldn't get a grasp on it you know? I mean I guess it's not all my style, but I want some energy is electronic music, but I guess that's why I enjoy the Prodigy more (awesome band if you never heard them I could give you a few songs depending on your taste)

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back