Modding Beyer DT770 Edition 2005: How to calm the treble and bring out some bass?
Jan 7, 2013 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sofastreamer

Headphoneus Supremus
i pretty much like the soundstage and overall sound and details of my dt770 edition 2005, but the treble is some what piercing and i would like to get some more sub bass rumble out of them. are there any mods for this can? i could only find some mods for the dt770pro which is different to the edition.

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #2 of 5
The 2005 edition is just a fancy shell on the same headphone. 

Have you tried running them from an amp with a 120ohm output impedance? It is very easy to do this with a 2 resistors and IME helps sort out many of the problems with the 770/880/990 headphones - most importantly the harsh/piercing treble. 

Consider yourself warned that one mans "highly detailed" is another mans "piercing treble." You may find this shift kind of large at first but everything works better when you have flatter frequency response so give it some time... 

Jan 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
The 2005 edition is just a fancy shell on the same headphone. 

Have you tried running them from an amp with a 120ohm output impedance? It is very easy to do this with a 2 resistors and IME helps sort out many of the problems with the 770/880/990 headphones - most importantly the harsh/piercing treble. 

Consider yourself warned that one mans "highly detailed" is another mans "piercing treble." You may find this shift kind of large at first but everything works better when you have flatter frequency response so give it some time... 

dt770 edition 2005 does not share the same driver of any pro model. if already found a way to calm trebble: 3 layers of this:

now i try to open up the bass reflex hole of the cups for bringing out the sub bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back