Modestly Large Budget Ladies Watch Recommendation
Sep 19, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #16 of 22
never seen a woman turn down a ladies rolex and they hold better value
than a lot of others as one poster mentioned tourneau is a great place
as they offer a trade up program and i am a little bias that where i bought
mine.

Sep 20, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #18 of 22
Buying from an authorised retailer assures you of the authenticity of the watch and proper after sales service. Should you get a lemon online, whatever savings you had will not compensate for the trouble you will have to go through to service the watch.

I am not too sure of actual US prices, but based on prices here, I would receommend that you check out offerings from Jaeger-le-coultre (Hand wound Reversos are timeless, especially the dual faced ones).

Sep 20, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #19 of 22
Yeah I relayed some info to my dad and I have no idea what he plans on doing/going with. I don't even know if my mom would appreciate a 5k let along a 10k watch. She's amazingly frugal with her money and doesn't get wow'd by expensive gifts. If she only knew how much I've been spending on audio I'd probably be disowned. Thank god I divested the ES-1/HE90 rig.

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:21 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My father tasked me with locating a watch for my mother (30th wedding anniversary) in the 5-10k USD price range. Sadly I don't know crap about watches besides that I'd love a platinum A. Lange and Sohne.

Think late 50s small asian woman. Platinum or Gold recommendations both welcome with metal or leather band.

Also I'd need a good online retailer recommendation as well, unless you'd really recommend buying at a brick and mortar.

i recently gifted my mom ( 50th Birthday ) a Michelle Herbelin watch.
Really classy , sophisticated look and they have a good range of collection for all price range.

http://www.michelherbelin.com/en/index.htm

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #21 of 22
JLC is a very good idea.

I would also recommend a mid-size or ladies's size Rolex Datejust, depending on how easily she can read small watch faces.

If she is a bit more "hip" you might consider a men's size Rolex or JLC.

Oh! I almost forgot.

Blancpain makes some very, very beautiful watches in that price range.

DEFINITELY have your father check out Blancpain. Very classy, very elegant watches.

I would warn against buying at Torneau. They are terrible.

Wempe in NYC is my favorite watch store. But they don't carry Blancpain. For Blancpain there is a boutique in NYC and I think there are some at Cellini (I think that is the name of the shop).

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't even know if my mom would appreciate a 5k let along a 10k watch. She's amazingly frugal with her money and doesn't get wow'd by expensive gifts.

My wife used to say the same thing until I gave her a lady's Rolex.
smily_headphones1.gif

GAD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back