Modi 2 with O2?
Feb 20, 2015 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Stanfoo

100+ Head-Fier
i know the standard combo is either magni modi or o2 odac but would using the Modi 2 Uber dac with the O2 amp work well together? i picked this because i need an optical input which the modi 2 uber has, and the o2 amp is better than the magni amp

would this work?

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #2 of 3
  i know the standard combo is either magni modi or o2 odac but would using the Modi 2 Uber dac with the O2 amp work well together? i picked this because i need an optical input which the modi 2 uber has, and the o2 amp is better than the magni amp

would this work?

An amp is an amp. It takes inputs either in the form of 3.5mm, RCA, or XLR, or any other deviant audio signal connector.

Modi 2 Uber is a nice capable DAC. O2 and Modi 2 Uber works. How well? You have to be the judge of that.

I have to disagree that O2 sounds better than the Magni 2 Uber.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #3 of 3
Agreed. That setup will work.

As to the O2 being better than the Magni, well, my best guess is that they are the same in class of headphone amp. People on head-fi often fight about which is better, which would tend to confirm that. I used to own the O2 and would probably buy the Magni if it was cheaper. I don't see how you could go wrong with either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back