Monoprice HR-5C
Oct 18, 2018 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Allanmarcus

Headphoneus Supremus
Monoprice HR-5C High Resolution Closed Back Wired Headphones
$69.99
341911.jpg

Win a Kewpie doll. Tell me what "DSP Tuned" means.

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 41
Looks like the Lindy...and the Fischer...and

Oct 18, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 41
wow, they do look like HM5 clones. Alternatively, they are rebadged version, or brainwavz OEM versions.

Oct 18, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 41
Yeah, its like KZ and their Campfire shells lol

If you look at the Brainwavz HM100 thread people pointed out the Chinese OEM of the housing for sale

Oct 18, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #7 of 41
Who cares? It's yet another Yoga CD880 clone...Brainwavz isn't the owner of this design. Off the top of my head there are versions by: Fisher, NVX, Brainwavz, Spadger and...I know there are at least 2 more I'm not remembering.
So, just looking at it on the website: it's the least expensive of the clones, it comes with only one cable (most come with two sets) a carrying case and two sets of pads. It's sold from Monoprice directly so you have a certain level of customer service/support backing it. It's a well known, tried and true design. They sound good in stock form if not a little bit analytical and anodyne. There are lots of mods out there for them, they are a very tuneable headphone, totally worth $70...especially considering Monoprice has sales and coupons quite often...you will have a chance to get them for 20% less within the next year I would bet, so now we are talking about a $50 headphone...
Seems like a good deal...I'm not sure what the problem is y'all?

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 41
Yup, and Monoprice have an open version, too, which I essentially already own since I have one of the rebadged open clones, the AIZER AZ-700-B. Pretty darn decent, too.

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #10 of 41
Yup, and Monoprice have an open version, too, which I essentially already own since I have one of the rebadged open clones, the AIZER AZ-700-B. Pretty darn decent, too.
Aizer!! I knew there were more. I was going to say something about that open backed version, the HR-5. That's the one I am keeping an eye on. I liked the closed version, but I think I'd like the open version better...they will drop to $50 or lower and I will grab a set then.

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #11 of 41
I should also mention, their claim that they can be worn for hours without any fatigue is absolutely true. These are easily the most comfortable over ears I have ever worn. EQ in a little bit more bass, or upgrade to pads that increase bass and soundstage (there are literally a dozen options out there) and you have really enjoyable movie headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #12 of 41
I said BW bc it's the most popular model and I don't know the other models lol

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #13 of 41
I said BW bc it's the most popular model and I don't know the other models lol
It's cool...I used to think Brainwavz was the OG, they have the best marketing by far.
I have to question their value proposition versus the Monoprice.

Apr 4, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #15 of 41
Aizer!! I knew there were more. I was going to say something about that open backed version, the HR-5. That's the one I am keeping an eye on. I liked the closed version, but I think I'd like the open version better...they will drop to $50 or lower and I will grab a set then.
Just got a pair of the HR-5 opens. Dude these cans rock right out of the box, at least running balanced. Pretty amazing and damn I bet modded they are off the hook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back