Monoprice Monolith AMT Headphones
Jan 12, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #256 of 313
Monoprice has a whole bunch of sales; right now the AMT are listed at $600. Does anyone know what the lowest price these have hit on the site?

Lowest price I've seen is when I got my set for $275. The average low I've seen is between $400 to $500.

Jan 12, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #258 of 313
so Monoprice says they could replace IF they had another open-box
my left ear might be some problem, or was the headphone...not able to get much second opinion currently
some cosmetic condition and the warranty is 5 year
so since Monoprice has no open-box currently, i could just see if this pair holds up.

really wondering how i can compare the tuning properly to another pair
since i had a pair last month I returned
i'm trying to record these on a microphone but it's not turning out very well
these do sound better than last month's, but whether it's the tuning itself or broken in more

last month's just a couple hours i tested them
sounded horrid if i remember correctly
this new pair, doesn't even need EQ? wow.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #263 of 313
They've gotta be up there with the best for $275, I'm jealous. Need to pickup a bargain next time they drop to that I think....

It really was such a great deal at that price, and I wish I'd enjoyed them, but they just didn't work for me. I ended up selling them on for around what I paid + shipping to the buyer. He however enjoys them alot.

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #264 of 313
It really was such a great deal at that price, and I wish I'd enjoyed them, but they just didn't work for me. I ended up selling them on for around what I paid + shipping to the buyer. He however enjoys them alot.
I like the one I got sounds better than the previous
Maybe they need broken in more
These are better than lcd-xc in some ways

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #265 of 313
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sineaptic-se-1.26745/

Well this is curious, a ribbon headset with wired/wireless options
I honestly wouldn't mind picking this up. Only other headphone drivers I have left to try are ribbons and estats (since I got the monolith AMTs last month :L3000:). Afaik there's no intermediate step between these sineaptics and stuff like GL1200/Raal territory...a decent jump in price not including a different amp for the latter.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #266 of 313
I honestly wouldn't mind picking this up. Only other headphone drivers I have left to try are ribbons and estats (since I got the monolith AMTs last month :L3000:). Afaik there's no intermediate step between these sineaptics and stuff like GL850/Raal territory...a decent jump in price not including a different amp for the latter.
Not sure what all that means, but is there any e-stat for decent price? Relatively...

Monoprice used to make one? Discontinued...

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #268 of 313
Not sure what all that means, but is there any e-stat for decent price? Relatively...

Monoprice used to make one? Discontinued...
STAX Lambda SR-L300 are $455 brand new from HeadAmp or Audio46. I drive mine with the $399 Topping EHA5 at the office and a used STAX SRM-1 MK2 Pro I bought on eBay for $400 as my home energizer.

IMG_0214.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back