Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Jun 9, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #4,399 of 8,051
Buy them with pride, and never lose eyecontact with the cashier. I'm positive this is the only way.

Old married guy LFMAO

After 10 - 20 trips to 'feminine hygiene' aisle, buying pantyhose doesn't even make me blink :ksc75smile:

Jun 9, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #4,403 of 8,051
Haha :D

On another note: I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I want to upgrade my amp. While the Aune x1s sounds very nice, the amp part is not very good and I think they are holding my m1060's back. Right now I can't hear any difference between my phone (HTC 10) and my computer, which I find sad, as I spent 200 USD to get the Aune (upgraded from the Dragonfly v1.2, which also sounds very similar).

Is there a big difference going balanced or is it just snake oil? I think the Aune x7s would look very nice tucked under the x1s, and if balanced really is worth it, I might just take the leap. I'm also ordering a cable from Lindsay, so have to decide whether to go balanced or stay SE ... :p

Jun 9, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #4,404 of 8,051
Balanced is only better if the actual amp is better. There are plenty of single ended amps that are superior to balanced amps. On the cable front, you can also order a 4pin XLR to TRS adapter to use your balanced cable with unbalanced amps.

Jun 10, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #4,406 of 8,051
@fpantalone , @LCMusicLover , @Tullebukk my GF was reading these post with me and started to laugh so much since I once took one of her high priced ($89) silk stockings to use as a dust filter, a great laugh to start the day, thanks :k701smile:
The 89 dollar question is, does that make thing sound silky and smooth? :wink:

Jun 10, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #4,407 of 8,051
@cskippy can you recommend any simple mod to bring out more sub bass rumbles for my gaming and movie sessions?

I can EQ in VLC player for movies, but for gaming I have no option to just boost the sub bass. And I can never have enough rumble for my movies and games haha

Jun 10, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #4,408 of 8,051
Haha :D

On another note: I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I want to upgrade my amp. While the Aune x1s sounds very nice, the amp part is not very good and I think they are holding my m1060's back. Right now I can't hear any difference between my phone (HTC 10) and my computer, which I find sad, as I spent 200 USD to get the Aune (upgraded from the Dragonfly v1.2, which also sounds very similar).

Is there a big difference going balanced or is it just snake oil? I think the Aune x7s would look very nice tucked under the x1s, and if balanced really is worth it, I might just take the leap. I'm also ordering a cable from Lindsay, so have to decide whether to go balanced or stay SE ... :p

Audio-gd just started making the new NFB-11.28s a few days ago. I think there is even a discount for the first 100 orders. Probably one of the best single ended amps you can get under $1,000. Works beautifully with M1060.

Jun 10, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #4,409 of 8,051
@macky112 Back damping like the paper towel mod will raise sub bass but also treble. You can add 1 ply toilet paper in front of the driver to counter the raised treble. This will make the lower frequencies more apparent.

Jun 10, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #4,410 of 8,051
The 89 dollar question is, does that make thing sound silky and smooth? :wink:

Unfortunately it did not, LOL, I used the silk stocking on my HE560 but found that its not as transparent acoustically as silk organza since the highs got a little hotter with the stockings while the organza didn't affect the sound in any way, like there was nothing there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back