Monster "Miles Davis" IEM's
Jan 5, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #3 of 49
They look awesome, but I expected them to be connected to some crazy looking sunglasses for some reason. Just kidding.

miles_davis1.jpg

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 49
Just another example of music / artists being commoditized. I hate this s*** from Monster. Dr. Dre beats, Lady Gaga in ears, etc. Now its even better because these are about a dead guy, a "tribute" to Miles Davis.

This needs to stop. Regardless of how good these sounds, I would never support Monster because of this nonsense.

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 49
Agreed. Looks like straight (overpriced) hype. At least the price is coming down.

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 49
They look nice, but being a jazz connoisseur myself, I hardly believe Monster can live up to the sound quality so deserving of the great Miles Davis' music. If I saw this design and signature on a pair of Ortofons, Sennheisers or Grados, then I might have gotten excited. I hope no one buys into that artificial Monster hype...

EricP

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #7 of 49
I'll bet the phones suck. Just some commercial bs to cater to wana be jazz lovers.

Miles would sond good no matter what you listen through. He is and always be a genius!

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 49
comes with a limited lifetime warranty, now that's something! I'm willing to give these a chance if they're the best jazz IEMs around.
"Adding value to this limited edition release, purchasers of the Miles Davis Tribute headphones will also be able to enjoy free of charge the official 50th Anniversary boxed set of the artist's seminal album Kind of Blue, featuring two music CDs, a DVD and a 24-page booklet." Although anyone purchasing these would have 3 or 4 copies of this album already lol.

Price is ridiculous though

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #9 of 49
Sounds like overpriced garbage to me. I have a hard time putting any faith in monster when they refuse to even publish frequency response charts (and the only other company I can think of that refuses to do this is Bose.)

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #10 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll bet the phones suck. Just some commercial bs to cater to wana be jazz lovers.

Miles would sond good no matter what you listen through. He is and always be a genius!

Damn right.

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #12 of 49
They will probably sell thousands to these easily swayed wanna be yuppy thinks it cool to dig jazz 20 something jackasses who possess a single Jamie cullum album , a single Norah Jones album and A Kind of Blue. YOU KNOW THE 1S

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #14 of 49
looks like turbines with an extra 300 dollars stuck on the price tag.

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #15 of 49
Looks like some valid criticism in this thread. Very objective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back