Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Feb 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #1,696 of 1,752
The mini plug is built like a damn tank, I had a hard time trying to destroy it (and I failed at that, lol).
Edit: I should have said, I tried stepping on it and putting pliers to it to try to at least bend it.  Quite difficult.  I could have tried even harder, but I felt that I had gone more than far enough.

No, that's a photo after barely removing it, or rather, cutting it off.  No warranty for me, I bought mine second-hand (real smart).  Unfortunately, it's the strain relief that is crap and the ground wires were starting to give out, I'll reterminate the cable with a "Belkin" mini plug from lunashops and add better strain relief with good ol' heatshrink.  All that advertising mumbo jumbo from the packaging about the cable construction makes it look fancy, but it is just typical enameled wire with cotton.  If you want to reterminate your Coppers for balanced drive, the stock cable is 4-conductor, so totally doable without a complete recable.

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #1,698 of 1,752
Anyone Else having problems with the warranty? I tried to contact monster two times now. They don' t reply. I got an imbalance problem with my coppers...

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #1,702 of 1,752
I will never buy anything from Monster again. Never. Just want everyone to know about how lousy their costumer service really are, at least in this case. I'm out of here again, enjoy your coppers, I still think they are great :)

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #1,703 of 1,752
I hate when companies do that ... make a great product but don't support it for crap. I own a pair of Coppers and like listening to them more than my Grado SR-225i phones. I had the same issue with my portable Vivid Technologies V1 amp ... the left channel cuts out sporadically, and I wrote a few emails but never got a reply. So my fix is using percussive maintenance on it, which usually works the third or fourth whack.

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,705 of 1,752
Reterminated!
I forgot to mention that the stock enameled wires require very high heat to tin quickly and easily.  =\
As much as the stock wiring of the stupid T50RP.

If anyone knows how to open up the housings, I would like to know so that I can give it a complete recable with easier-to-work wire like Mogami 2929 or something.

May 31, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #1,706 of 1,752
I'm looking to get a new pair of Coppers with Control Talk. What's the best price going on these? I see $349 at Amazon and they are now  listed as an Authorized Dealer on the Monster site, which was not the case a year and a half ago when I bought the Golds through One Call (which is no longer Authorized).

On a side note, I called Monster regarding my Golds losing sound in one ear and Monster promptly responded and they are sending me a new pair as advertised. Great service and a great product so they are getting my return business. I don't fault my Golds for crapping out on me. I have used and abused them everyday (shoving them in my pocket, plugging and unplugging many times per day) since I bought them. I plan on selling the replacement Golds to finance the new Coppers.

Thanks for any help!

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #1,707 of 1,752
Quote:
On a side note, I called Monster regarding my Golds losing sound in one ear and Monster promptly responded and they are sending me a new pair as advertised. Great service and a great product so they are getting my return business. I don't fault my Golds for crapping out on me. I have used and abused them everyday (shoving them in my pocket, plugging and unplugging many times per day) since I bought them. I plan on selling the replacement Golds to finance the new Coppers.

Did you have to return the Golds? I was told that any headphone in which you wanted to use the warranty on must be shipped to Monster's headquarters to be replaced. Thanks 

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #1,708 of 1,752
Quote:
Did you have to return the Golds? I was told that any headphone in which you wanted to use the warranty on must be shipped to Monster's headquarters to be replaced. Thanks 

Yes, they instructed me to return the defective ones along with a copy of my original receipt to confirm mine were real and from an authorized dealer. I kept all of the accessories and buds. Monster emailed me when they received my set and then again when they shipped the replacements which I just received yesterday.

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #1,709 of 1,752
A quick question for everyone.

Are you using a portable amp with your set up?  I used to use an E6 with my Clip+.  I have since moved on to a Rockbox iPod.  Now I am wondering how much benefit do these gain by amplifying them.

I am thinking of perhaps going for the JDS C421.  Do you find that they hiss when amped?

Thanks for your feedback!

Jul 29, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #1,710 of 1,752
Quote:
A quick question for everyone.

Are you using a portable amp with your set up?  I used to use an E6 with my Clip+.  I have since moved on to a Rockbox iPod.  Now I am wondering how much benefit do these gain by amplifying them.

I am thinking of perhaps going for the JDS C421.  Do you find that they hiss when amped?

Thanks for your feedback!

I rarely use mine for portable use but I find that amping them can benefit quite noticeably. As for hiss, there is very little to report from my iBasso E5. I find that the Coppers are not sensitive enough for me to find any hiss distracting.      

Users who are viewing this thread

Back