Moon Audio - don't shop there
Jun 26, 2023 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PixelSquish

Previously known as idiotekniques
apparently unlike pretty much every other major high end audio dealer, they do not take returns of a bunch of items, including all IEM's. This flies in the face of the return policy for IEM's on every other website I have shopped on which includes all the big boys.

Yes it was written on their website and it is my fault I didn't read it, however, I just assumed they performed at a basic level of quality which I had gotten accustomed to from everywhere else. Buyer beware, let my lesson be yours.

Jun 26, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #3 of 8
Always read return policies before buying. (https://www.moon-audio.com/returns)
as I stated, this was a buyer beware post. But I was posting since many people, like myself, after getting used to the quality of service from retailers, it just becomes habit to expect it as a basic level of service around, and we may forget to do these things with a new vendor we use. This is a word of warning for anybody thinking of buying from moon-audio. I have a pair of IEM's that don't fit well now, and yes it is my fault but we all get complacent a bit when enough companies do the right thing. EVERY other place I shop from would take these back.

Obviously Moon-Audio does not. Buyer beware.

Jun 26, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #5 of 8
Jun 26, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #6 of 8
It's so easy to get complacent. We all do it. As in:

1) I bought a used amp, the iFi Pro iCAN. I usually research things to death, but dropped the ball here. When I received the amp I asked the seller where the remote was and his reply was "Did the ad say a remote was included"? And so I had to get my own. iFi was very helpful and I am grateful.

2) I have bought several items from a Chinese outfit called Shenzhen Audio. They seemed pretty legit over the years. I bought a set of iBasso headphones from them. Several months later the headband broke. I contacted iBasso and they said there was no warranty as Shenzhen Audio was not an authorized dealer. Grey market problem, not theirs.

Both situations got resolved, after lots of work on my end, but neither one should have happened. But that's life.

Buyer beware! No matter how logical things might seem to you, dot the i's and cross the t's.

Jun 26, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #7 of 8
It's so easy to get complacent. We all do it. As in:

1) I bought a used amp, the iFi Pro iCAN. I usually research things to death, but dropped the ball here. When I received the amp I asked the seller where the remote was and his reply was "Did the ad say a remote was included"? And so I had to get my own. iFi was very helpful and I am grateful.

2) I have bought several items from a Chinese outfit called Shenzhen Audio. They seemed pretty legit over the years. I bought a set of iBasso headphones from them. Several months later the headband broke. I contacted iBasso and they said there was no warranty as Shenzhen Audio was not an authorized dealer. Grey market problem, not theirs.

Both situations got resolved, after lots of work on my end, but neither one should have happened. But that's life.

Buyer beware! No matter how logical things might seem to you, dot the i's and cross the t's.

Yep. Exactly the same situation. Just wanted to pass along the warning to this lovely community. No point in buying a bunch of audio gear, especially fit dependent things like IEM if it's automatically a no return situation. I do not like people that abuse return policies, but I do respect a place that has a fair return policy and I will respect that by being fair with the return policy. Not to mention I bought the meze 109 pro there plus something else.

I was thinking of buying a TOTL planar and the Elites are in the mix, I was going to buy them from Moon-Audio if I did because I can use bread financing there, but not anymore. I'll just get them somewhere with paypal monthly. literally ANYWHERE but moon audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back