Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 25, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #11,702 of 12,009
Is there a general consensus on what are the best tips for the Aria(2021)? I've been out of the IEM game since I bought these and I see some new things have come out since then. The Xelastecs look like they would be great because I seem to struggle to get anything to fit and seal properly in my ears.
I used Azla Sednaearfit Lights long stem version. Those are pretty stout so they support the weight of the Aria, but are soft enough to not irritate my eardrums as much as the standard. I prefer those tips because they impart a larger sense of space than other tips I have tried, and IMO the biggest problem with the Aria is the narrow sound image.

Apr 27, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #11,703 of 12,009
I used Azla Sednaearfit Lights long stem version. Those are pretty stout so they support the weight of the Aria, but are soft enough to not irritate my eardrums as much as the standard. I prefer those tips because they impart a larger sense of space than other tips I have tried, and IMO the biggest problem with the Aria is the narrow sound image.
Thanks for the suggestion, it sounds like a good complement to the Aria but they seem to be pretty hard to find where I live. I'm hoping the Azla Xelastecs are kind of similar sound-wise because they are much more available

Apr 27, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #11,704 of 12,009
Thanks for the suggestion, it sounds like a good complement to the Aria but they seem to be pretty hard to find where I live. I'm hoping the Azla Xelastecs are kind of similar sound-wise because they are much more available
Xelastecs reflect higher freqs a bit more. I percieved a bit of a sharper sound with those, but they are similar. IMO Crystals are better in terms of longetivity.

I now think Divinius Velvets are the way to go. Just got them in, and they are more comfy with a similar FR to the earfit light. If you can get them, I recommend without reservation.

Apr 28, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #11,705 of 12,009
Xelastecs reflect higher freqs a bit more. I percieved a bit of a sharper sound with those, but they are similar. IMO Crystals are better in terms of longetivity.

I now think Divinius Velvets are the way to go. Just got them in, and they are more comfy with a similar FR to the earfit light. If you can get them, I recommend without reservation.
Nice, I've never heard of those. They do look like they would be good, especially with fit and comfort.

May 2, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #11,706 of 12,009
Nice, I've never heard of those. They do look like they would be good, especially with fit and comfort.
I have earfit lights and medium-small fit well. Are the Divinius Velvet sizing similar?

May 2, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #11,707 of 12,009
I have earfit lights and medium-small fit well. Are the Divinius Velvet sizing similar?
The size is similar, but the contact points are a bit higher on the tip so they want to fit deeper. Depending on your IEM, you might want a size down.

For my Variations, the fit is... questionable. I really wish moondrop would use metal nozzles with rims. For the Aria, it works at the same size my azla lights do (ML).

May 2, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #11,708 of 12,009
The size is similar, but the contact points are a bit higher on the tip so they want to fit deeper. Depending on your IEM, you might want a size down.

For my Variations, the fit is... questionable. I really wish moondrop would use metal nozzles with rims. For the Aria, it works at the same size my azla lights do (ML).

It's the nozzle diameter/girth that creates comfort issues. For me I used ear tips which are 1/2 to 1 size down. Since stretching the ear tip out and fitting is on the nozzle is the real challenge.

May 21, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #11,709 of 12,009
Howdy, folks!

My review of Blessing 3 is finally done. You can find the review on head-fi. You can also read it on my personal blog here. There is no ads or tracking link, but it makes me happy to see the number of visitors going up.

In general, @MOONDROP has done an excellent job with Blessing 3. The tuning can serve as THE reference due to how balance and "flat" it sounds. Blessing 3 is also a reference in term of the expected level of clarity, separation, and detail retrieval that one should expect at the mid-fi level. Noted that providing the reference performance does not necessarily means that an IEM is enjoyable to 100% of the audience. For example, my preference deviates from the reference set by Blessing 3 and therefore I do not enjoy it 100%. But thanks to the reference tuning, I can EQ to achieve what I want is quite easy with Blessing 3. I can't wait for a "fun" re-tuned version of Blessing 3 to hit the market.

Blessing-3_7.jpg

After focusing on budget releases and headphones, Moondrop has made a strong comeback with the Blessing 3, their latest mid-fi IEM offering. The Blessing 3 refines and enhances all the positive aspects of its predecessor, the Blessing 2. It also resolves the bass quality issue that was present in the Blessing 2. Additionally, the Blessing 3 addresses the fit problem by reducing the size of the nozzles, resulting in a comfortable IEM that can be worn for extended periods without discomfort.

Who should consider these IEMs? If you prefer a thick and weighty sound with a 3D holographic soundstage, or if you dislike the “well-tuned” signature, the Blessing 3 may not be the best option for you. If you didn’t like Blessing 2 (like myself), Blessing 3 wouldn’t change your opnion. However, if you appreciate “well-tuned” signatures based on Harman target or Moondrop’s VDSF, you will likely love the Blessing 3. It is an excellent choice for those who enjoy female vocals. If you were a fan of the Blessing 2 and want to enhance the overall clarity of the sound without stepping up to a higher price range, the Blessing 3 could be a worthwhile upgrade.

Pros:
  • Neutral, mid-centric tonality
  • Clear and clean midrange
  • Balanced treble that avoids harshness
  • Responsive and tactile bass
  • Comfortable fit
Cons:
  • Flat soundstage
  • Lack of authority and weight in male vocals
  • Requires good amping

May 21, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #11,710 of 12,009
For those who still own the old but never outdated Blessing 2, I recommend listening to them with a Cayin RU6 (just over 200 dollars)... you will have practically bought the Blessing 2 again, but with an iem sound for over 2k dollars. With the RU6 the Blessing 2 are simply stellar, the RU6 reduces the peaks of the highs and enhances the mids making them truly magical and at the same time they fill the lows without the need for Dusk etc... etc...
RU6 loves neutral and reference iems and none more than a Blessing 2 can be considered as a reference... perhaps even too much for the other dac/dap but not for the Cayin.

May 21, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #11,711 of 12,009
i have the b2d. top tier tuning, mid tier resolution and imaging. but because the tuning is so good and makes every frequency region present, it does give you a false sense of detail (the opposite of dark/recessed tuning gives you a false impression of lacking detail) which is kinda nice. overall it's a pair of iem that makes you relax, forget about your gear and enjoy music, rather than impressing you with some kind of technical ability that you have to listen critically for. i haven't heard everything in its price range but for usd$400 and below, b2/b2d are the definitive top pick for people who enjoy harman-ish tuning and er4sr/xr are the definitive pick for df enjoyers.

May 21, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #11,712 of 12,009
Precisely because of their extremely natural character, the B2 may seem almost sterile and soulless, but this makes them perfect for the RU6 which needs an IEM as neutral as possible to express itself to the fullest. The synergy between B2 and RU6, in my opinion, can be found with very few IEMs, not even the Jewels which cost almost 20 times the B2 show such perfect synergy with the RU6. The musicality of the Cayin at the service of the tonal precision of the B2... an absolutely must-do experience.

May 28, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #11,713 of 12,009
I'll be using this thread to discuss the Moondrop LittleWhite. Atm there seem to be 2 system voices, 1 boss and the other one Yuki. Yuki sounds like a loli and makes me cringe. :smirk: I so hope they will add more voices. Latest OTAs are 1.1.6 and 1.1.5, but going from 1.1.2 to 1.1.6 got to Yuki again. Is there a switch to change voices back and forth?

There is only 1 custom profile available. Aren't there more than 1 custom profile available? All I can see are just Peak filters and no LS or HS.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #11,714 of 12,009
I'll be using this thread to discuss the Moondrop LittleWhite. Atm there seem to be 2 system voices, 1 boss and the other one Yuki. Yuki sounds like a loli and makes me cringe. :smirk: I so hope they will add more voices. Latest OTAs are 1.1.6 and 1.1.5, but going from 1.1.2 to 1.1.6 got to Yuki again. Is there a switch to change voices back and forth?

There is only 1 custom profile available. Aren't there more than 1 custom profile available? All I can see are just Peak filters and no LS or HS.
Couln't find info on it but does the little white have multipoint?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back