Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #7,066 of 12,008
Not aware of these yet, most of the time they only say "work with the IEM", which we cannot do anything about.
But yeah I do have them with different versions of filters myself, to be honest I wouldn't think it's that amount of difference

I don’t know the dampening amount or affected frequencies of the Starfield filters so I could be off base here. But, if the untrained human ear can discern differences of 0.25-0.5 dB, a trained ear could be sensitive enough to think that small of a difference is relatively large. If you add in potential hyperacusis then a small difference at a sensitive frequency band can be a BIG deal.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #7,067 of 12,008
KXXS still something for me 💖
IMG-20210203-153118.jpg

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #7,069 of 12,008
Could you give a short comparo between the Kxxs and Kxxx?
I heard the kxxx describes as a midpoint between starfield and kxxs and now that I know there's not a lot of difference between them it got me wondering....

That's true at least to my ears X is slightly refinement between Warmer smoother Starfield & KXXS brighter sharper yet more accurate 💃
Unfortunately i don't have Starfield, sold already 💖

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #7,071 of 12,008
I think the only difference between the kxxs and the kxxx is the bass adjustment (based on others). The Oxygen is a bit better compared to kxxs

Not only bass adjustment TBH 😀

Feb 3, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #7,073 of 12,008
But kinda redundant if you already have the kxxs..

not so, it's about guilty pleasure to have black edition of KXXS 🖤 with slightly Starfield flavor on it and it's limited edition 💃

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #7,075 of 12,008
I really like my blessing 2.
However i want more prominent and textured bass, with just a bit more relaxed overall signature.
What do you think i should go for? Budget 1000 eur max.
Any other thing you want beside prominent & textured bass?

Feb 7, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #7,077 of 12,008
I really like my blessing 2.
However i want more prominent and textured bass, with just a bit more relaxed overall signature.
What do you think i should go for? Budget 1000 eur max.

BS2 Dusk might be suitable for you 💖 Slightly punch on the low end and slightly more relaxed upper end 💃

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #7,078 of 12,008
Good day fellas,
So I'm quite confused as to which I should pick, a Moondrop SSR or a Final Audio E1000 (E1000 being few bucks cheaper), both are at relatively within the same price range from where I live.
As for build quality, SSR wins due to its better shell and having a removable cable, and as far as accessories (or bonuses) go, the E1000 seems to have more bonus seeing it comes with a full set of Final E tips which, based on the seller's price that sold it per pair, basically cost almost the same as the E1000 itself.
With that said though, I don't mind the non-removable cable since I'm only planning to use it when I'm just chilling, walking, and stuff, not bringing it for a run or anything, and if I'm using myself as a guideline on whether or not non-removable cable will last, oh it will last, I have a Sennheiser MX475 that I've had since 2014 and its still running well, and as far as eartips goes, I don't see the need for an extra of them since I already have one that come stock with my TFZ Exclusive 1 that fits my ear really well and there are 3 pairs of them!
SO! How do they compare sound wise?
Thank you and have a good day!

Feb 7, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #7,079 of 12,008
Good day fellas,
So I'm quite confused as to which I should pick, a Moondrop SSR or a Final Audio E1000 (E1000 being few bucks cheaper), both are at relatively within the same price range from where I live.
As for build quality, SSR wins due to its better shell and having a removable cable, and as far as accessories (or bonuses) go, the E1000 seems to have more bonus seeing it comes with a full set of Final E tips which, based on the seller's price that sold it per pair, basically cost almost the same as the E1000 itself.
With that said though, I don't mind the non-removable cable since I'm only planning to use it when I'm just chilling, walking, and stuff, not bringing it for a run or anything, and if I'm using myself as a guideline on whether or not non-removable cable will last, oh it will last, I have a Sennheiser MX475 that I've had since 2014 and its still running well, and as far as eartips goes, I don't see the need for an extra of them since I already have one that come stock with my TFZ Exclusive 1 that fits my ear really well and there are 3 pairs of them!
SO! How do they compare sound wise?
Thank you and have a good day!

Have you considered the Spaceship?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back