MOONDROP X CRINACLE DUSK NOW AVAILABLE
Apr 16, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #151 of 206
Nah lets actually use the product the way it's intended, or use EQ that was provided to us before it was released
guess u are willing to get rid of your 4.4 cables, higher end dacs and dongle. not me..it was not intended that way.. its marketing.. they couldnt deliver what they wanted and came up with a bandaid and called it a feature..

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #152 of 206
guess u are willing to get rid of your 4.4 cables, higher end dacs and dongle. not me..it was not intended that way.. its marketing.. they couldnt deliver what they wanted and came up with a bandaid and called it a feature..
No one needs a 4.4 cable for an iem, you wasting money on toys has nothing to do with anyone else, and you don't have the right to tell anyone what impression to give :). So I'm going to go ahead and give my DSP impressions when it arrives.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #153 of 206
No one needs a 4.4 cable for an iem, you wasting money on toys has nothing to do with anyone else, and you don't have the right to tell anyone what impression to give :). So I'm going to go ahead and give my DSP impressions when it arrives.
Sure go ahead.. plenty pro reviewers have already given the dsp and app impressions so umm dont think anyone cares for one more impression from someone random

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #155 of 206
and please lets just keep the feedback to analog for now... thats what most of us really care for

Sure go ahead.. plenty pro reviewers have already given the dsp and app impressions so umm dont think anyone cares for one more impression from someone random
On the contrary, many are looking for impressions by those who aren't actually paid to do them and have no ties to Crin :wink:

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #159 of 206
The IEM/tuning has some good amount of detail, though the analogue tuning seems to have a little more treble emphasis. I might prefer it... not sure. Cymbals and female vocals sound cleaner without DSP, as does piano. To me, the increased bass of the DSP tuning makes the music sound more muddy, warmer sure, but also less focused on treble details. Lower mids and sub-bass seem to benefit most from the DSP default tuning. Electric rock guitar gains more thickness, which is nice.
I wonder if the muddiness you're hearing via DSP is because of the cheap DAC inside the DSP cable. The thing is so small and cheap that I have to imagine it's noisy AF. Add that to the lack of iPhone compatibility, and I wish Moondrop would just sell a cheaper version of the Dusk without the cable. I'm definitely much more interested in hearing about the analog cable experience rather than with the DSP cable.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #160 of 206
I wonder if the muddiness you're hearing via DSP is because of the cheap DAC inside the DSP cable. The thing is so small and cheap that I have to imagine it's noisy AF. Add that to the lack of iPhone compatibility, and I wish Moondrop would just sell a cheaper version of the Dusk without the cable. I'm definitely much more interested in hearing about the analog cable experience rather than with the DSP cable.
I could not use any profiles with the dsp cable, I barely used it. My sound impressions are all with the analogue cable, using wavelet for the profiles.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #161 of 206
Nvm. Figured out the source of my confusion. Ignore.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #162 of 206
https://headphones.com/blogs/reviews/moondrop-x-crinacle-dusk-an-inconvenient-truth
Screenshot_20240417-085320.png

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #163 of 206
Here is a recording of the artifact that Listener was pertaining to from the Headphones.com Discord, and happy to say I don't hear it in my Dusk DSP cable from several USB-C sources including an Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max, a Poco F3 Android Phone, and a Dell dock connected to a Dell Latitude Windows 11 laptop.

SNAPS_-_DSP_Matched_Insertion.wav

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #164 of 206
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #165 of 206
Ooph. That's a bummer, but not terribly surprising with such a cheaply made DAC/DSP built into a tiny USB connector. If sales end up tanking, might be able to pick this up at a price closer to its Blessing 3 counterpart.
They denied my request of course. So if you wanna buy a practically new set... Message me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back