more burn in questions
Jan 2, 2005 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

taoster

Headphoneus Supremus
I was reading this informative burn in faq http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58157. At the risk of looking more stupid, I have some questions.

1) if a headphone/cable requires roughly 200hrs-300hrs. Should it be left on 24/7 or be given break periods. Is it damaging to the headphone to put it through 24/7 burnin for 2 weeks?

2) Im using my HT receiver tuned to FM for burnin. The receiver does not produce low bass, high treble or any tight notes. At the end of burn-in process, is my phones really burned in or do i need to play it some violin concertos and beethoven 1812 as well?

Jan 3, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #2 of 3
I've often wondered this myself. That's why I don't just burn in through my speakers' output, but just use my ears with my tube amp. I don't want to put unneccessary hours on my tubes just to burn in.
Plus, I want to listen as it happens.
But, yes, I've wondered if you'd get the lowest of the lows and the highest of the highs using a less than optimal source and amp.
Unless someone takes several sets of brand new headphones and breaks them in differently, we'll never know if it makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back