Mouse -Fi
Sep 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #406 of 616
The Zowie's probably the better option, Steelseries's mice never panned out how you might expect.  The Sensei and Xai use the 9800, Kana uses a pixart sensor with a low malfunction speed.  

G400, Death Adder, EC/AM, Savu (don't use the highest DPI step, it's fake), Maybe the CM Storm Spawn.  Those mice have the best sensors.  The funny thing is you can't pay attention to who makes it, mouse sensors are so funny that there's typically only one or two models from a given manufacturer that perform well.  Pretty much all of Zowie's mice use the same internals.  

I'd heard good things, friend said that they have negative acceleration which isn't good :/

But it should be arriving tomorrow, if it turns out it's not my cup of tea, I'll sell it on and look again :)
And don't worry about the high dpi steps, I'll most likely use 800 again :)

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #407 of 616
Arrived today, it's a lovely mouse, really nice in the hand, looks great and feels well made.

However, at 450dpi there does seem to be quite a lot of negative acceleration/skipping :frowning2:

1150 seems fine though, so will probably still keep it since with some adjustments I can use that dpi, and everything else about the mouse is awesome :)

Sep 21, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #409 of 616
I think I've test both 450 and 1150 at all 3 polling rates :frowning2:

Will do more testing over the next couple of days, try out a couple of friends mats at uni (going back on Sunday) and then make up my mind.

The guy has offered me a refund, so I may just take that, then try out some other mice.
Really like the look of the Zowie AM though...

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #410 of 616
Microsoft Habu... The mouse that was probably sculpted for my hand or something. When my last mouse died a few months ago, I was desperate enough to search for used Habu on eBay. Finally I found one last one in a store nearby (some old forgotten stock with damaged box). I don't know what I'm gonna do when this one goes to silicon heaven. Not even Razer DeathAdder, which is its sibling, sits this good
frown.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #411 of 616
Quote:
I think I've test both 450 and 1150 at all 3 polling rates
frown.gif

Will do more testing over the next couple of days, try out a couple of friends mats at uni (going back on Sunday) and then make up my mind.
The guy has offered me a refund, so I may just take that, then try out some other mice.
Really like the look of the Zowie AM though...

Oh Zowei does MICE :O I like the keyboard  got from them... maybe I should go with a mouse of thier too <3 I still enjoy mu Corsair M60, just wish it had more then 3 "extra" buttons! 

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #412 of 616
Oh Zowei does MICE :O I like the keyboard  got from them... maybe I should go with a mouse of thier too <3 I still enjoy mu Corsair M60, just wish it had more then 3 "extra" buttons! 

Not a bad choice of keyboard, bit big for me though.

Yeah the mouse is lovely, tempted to get an artisan pad to go with it, apparently awesome, but rather pricey :/

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #413 of 616
Quote:
Not a bad choice of keyboard, bit big for me though.
Yeah the mouse is lovely, tempted to get an artisan pad to go with it, apparently awesome, but rather pricey :/

BIG dude the Zowei I have is smaller than most are e.e and trust me you can tell it's small I still mis type, either on my keyboard or on nrml full size keyboards

but yea they are both good devices, I can have up to 5 total extra buttons if I remove the "increase' "decrease" DPI commands on two of the buttons, I belive it is an 9 Button mouse but 4 of those are left right Middle and Scroll [thins I well like to keep as is] leaving you 4 actualy buttons you can click, and the DPI buttons r rather cumbersome to get to and the other 3 are ofc very conveintly placed <3

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #414 of 616
BIG dude the Zowei I have is smaller than most are e.e and trust me you can tell it's small I still mis type, either on my keyboard or on nrml full size keyboards

but yea they are both good devices, I can have up to 5 total extra buttons if I remove the "increase' "decrease" DPI commands on two of the buttons, I belive it is an 9 Button mouse but 4 of those are left right Middle and Scroll [thins I well like to keep as is] leaving you 4 actualy buttons you can click, and the DPI buttons r rather cumbersome to get to and the other 3 are ofc very conveintly placed <3

Haha, I currently use a KBC Poker (have a google, then you'll know what I mean :wink: )

Mouse wise I only need one side button really, only use more every now and again, not needed, the steelseries kana looks pretty...

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #415 of 616
Quote:
Haha, I currently use a KBC Poker (have a google, then you'll know what I mean
wink.gif
)
Mouse wise I only need one side button really, only use more every now and again, not needed, the steelseries kana looks pretty...

yes it's smaller than my Zowie! Looks nice enough though

the M60 only has 3 really useful buttons and they are nice and useful xD

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #416 of 616
Logitech G700 and G19 on sale at Amazon, gold box

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=xs_gb_A3T0K7H03TRXH2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000838171&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1H0WJKMWXPSFY8VS6YKG

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #417 of 616
I've got 3 G500s myself now (Home Desktop, Work Desktop, "Spare" (either laptop or for my fiancee's desktop, haven't decided which yet). Truly wonderful. Microsoft Mice work well enough for most desktop use for me, but for gaming and pure comfort it's logitech all the way. I went through a long line of them (MX510 - great for its time, a bit low-DPI eventually, MX1000 - stunning except for the awful battery life, MX518 - a truly wonderful mouse that I was sad to see go when I replaced it with the G500) and they've never let me down. Great customer service too.

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #418 of 616
Original Razer Naga for my desktop and Orochi on Mackbook Air 11"
normal_smile .gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #419 of 616
I'm using a Logitech M305, which has a terrible scroll wheel. Any bit of dust, and it's near unusable. Other than that, good beater. Ordered the G700 for $55, don't need it, but better safe than sorry in case the m305 self-destructs.

Oct 8, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #420 of 616
Microsoft IE 3.0, oldschool bitches! 7 years and still going strong. Had a couple of Logitechs and those are fine, but too small for me. Nothing matches my hand better, even my ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back