Mouse trap-fi
Sep 22, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 16
0920-mouse.jpg

In case you want to sell the mouse alive and make a profit. As it makes noise I guess it would go in the Source Components For Sale section.

multi-live-catch-mouse-trap-open.jpg

The advantage of this is you could use as the case for a dyi amp or DAC after you got rid of the mouse.

wild%20west%20mouse%20trap.GIF

And then we have the Wild West Mouse Trap. The disadvantage of this is that it might leave bigger holes in your furniture than the mice.

Sep 22, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #5 of 16
Contrary to popular belief, cats aren't natural born mice killers. If a cat kills a mouse, it's usually accidental. As with any small moving object, cats are fascinated by mice and see them as playthings. A mouse on the other hand, may see the cat as threat and decide to vacate the premises.

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Contrary to popular belief, cats aren't natural born mice killers. If a cat kills a mouse, it's usually accidental. As with any small moving object, cats are fascinated by mice and see them as playthings. A mouse on the other hand, may see the cat as threat and decide to vacate the premises.

My cat plays with them for about 30 minutes before he eats everything except for their feet. I remember in high school looking at the pavement outside out house and seeing blood splotches with dismembered mouse feet. LOL

Sep 22, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #9 of 16
I used to work for an Environmental Hygiene Company.

I can wholeheartedly say with 100% certainty that the most effective and humane way to dispose of mice and rats is with Glue Strips.

(I"ve never seen the ratzapper though....and it looks quite interesting....I may have to look into that.)

Go with the glue strips. They're cheap and easy to dispose of.

Sep 22, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wished their website provided more information on the gear.

Ratzappers are awesome. Think of them like mouse-sized bugzappers. The mouse/rat/whatever is drawn in, invariably touches the two plates and is then delivered a nice satisfying buzzing-sized electric shock. When it discharges a light blinks on top. Pick up the trap, tilt it into the garbage - the offending varmint slides out. Re-arm it and you're good to go. Easy Peasy.

GAD

Sep 23, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #14 of 16
I just last week caught a mouse with a glue trap.. of course it's still alive, and i have to dispose of it... but pretty effective otherwise

Sep 23, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #15 of 16
Just caught a mouse last night with a standard trap but will look into other innovative technologies of catching them. Interesting ways of catching them.
Impressive technology

Users who are viewing this thread

Back