Mp3 Player for around $40
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ChristianM

100+ Head-Fier
I might not get much or any response because I'm talking about a poor-man's stuff but anyway.
I'm looking for an Mp3 Player for around $40, I searched on Aliexpress and there are 100s of them but most of them support video playback and it's really painful to find something on aliexpress.
I'm looking for Audio only player with decent sound quality and it can work with KZ ZSX well.
I use my laptop to listen music and it has Realteck ALC3234, at least an Mp3 player with a similar or a little bit better sound quality would be enough.
any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 5
Sandisk usually has some decent ones for the money.

Oct 22, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 5
You can get some pretty decent old school ipods second hand for cheap. Some of them can be modded as well to get more and better storage + better battery if you're up for that.
thanks for reply
there are so many ipods available in my country in used or in mint condition but I have no idea about ipods, there are many generations of ipods, which one should be better just for audio and no videos.
long time ago I just listened to a small ipod of my cousin and the volume was pretty low, do all ipods have low volume for some reasons?
thanks

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #5 of 5
thanks for reply
there are so many ipods available in my country in used or in mint condition but I have no idea about ipods, there are many generations of ipods, which one should be better just for audio and no videos.
long time ago I just listened to a small ipod of my cousin and the volume was pretty low, do all ipods have low volume for some reasons?
thanks

I like the ones with a control wheel, either the classic or the nano ones, but the nanos might have to high impedance to drive your IEMs.

There's an informative discussion in this thread about output impedances on ipods: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ipod-output-impedance.583426/

The experience you're talking about comes from the ipod having too high output impedance in relation to your IEMs, so this is something you can look for when searching for an mp3 player. This is a bit out of my league though, I'm not well versed on impedance measurement and pairing that with IEMs, so have a read through some threads about it. My response was more aimed at your budget and my preference of the old ipods over smartphones and players with touchscreens :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back