MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs
Aug 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wolfetan44

Headphoneus Supremus
This is on my phone so I'm not going to brief anything but here are my impressions on them.

Comfort: super comfy, a little heavy.

Isolation: fantastic

Sound:
Fake plastic trees-
Thoms voice is detailed, and isn't in your face like the LCD-3, very nice. The violin sounds realistic, I love the upper mids on this thing. The bass isn't too prominent, its there, I wish there was less(yay slider). So that can be fixed! I would compare the soundstage to the HD650, not very airy though. The highs are a little recessed, just the way I like it. Acoustic guitar sounds fantastic.

I was only able to listen to this song at the Cal Audio Meet. Enjoy!

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #3 of 7
I will bring them tomorrow to compare:)

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #5 of 7
I'll be interested to read more about your impressions of these. What dac / amp did you hear them on? 
How particular do you think they are to amplification? Do you think that a CEntrance M8 would do them justice?

I posted an intro and some questions in the intro thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/679130/dac-amp-combo-for-alpha-dogs-the-centrance-m8), but I wasn't asking for "a good $100-$200 setup"  so it hasn't got much (any) attention yet. I figured this thread would probably be the place where people would know the answers anyway.  So sorry if this is a double-post / out of line. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #6 of 7
I'll be interested to read more about your impressions of these. What dac / amp did you hear them on? 
How particular do you think they are to amplification? Do you think that a CEntrance M8 would do them justice?

I posted an intro and some questions in the intro thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/679130/dac-amp-combo-for-alpha-dogs-the-centrance-m8
), but I wasn't asking for "a good $100-$200 setup"  so it hasn't got much (any) attention yet. I figured this thread would probably be the place where people would know the answers anyway.  So sorry if this is a double-post / out of line.

Actually there is a main thread running for the Alpha dogs that gets a lot of traffic. Search since I can't link it with my iPad.

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks OR,  this was the first thread that showed on my search,  I'll go look for the one you mentioned...  Sorry if this post was out of place, still learning my way around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back