MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Oct 2, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #5,131 of 5,796
Warranty is 2 years, but we service after warranty, and we keep our shop rate pretty low. Service is pretty rare, so our normal turnaround is under a week.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 2, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #5,132 of 5,796
We took it off the price list but if you have a desire just email Info@mrspeakers.com. It’s very hard to slot upgrades in during peak season and with new products but usually by first quarter things slow down and we can handle service requests like this...

Nice to read this.. I have emailed info@mrspeakers.com but Steve replied that they are no longer offering upgrades.. little bit confused now.. any advice how to do it? I don't mind to wait until first quarter with things slow down, no rush, as long it is confirm.. Thanks.

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #5,133 of 5,796
Nice to read this.. I have emailed info@mrspeakers.com but Steve replied that they are no longer offering upgrades.. little bit confused now.. any advice how to do it? I don't mind to wait until first quarter with things slow down, no rush, as long it is confirm.. Thanks.

I will advise him to respond a little differently. :)

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #5,135 of 5,796
Later today. There will be a bit of shipping delay as the high priority is to support headphone sales as production on the cables catches up to demand.

Oct 2, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #5,137 of 5,796
I think I know the answer but I'm not certain so I figured I would ask. What if someone just upgraded their Ether C to Ether C Flow?

Sometimes, but not always, I wish my ears were good enough to tell a difference in sound with a different cable.

Oct 2, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #5,138 of 5,796
@mrspeakers what is your expectation for when the new cable can be ordered on your web site?

It's online now. Lead time will be 6-8 weeks.

I think I know the answer but I'm not certain so I figured I would ask. What if someone just upgraded their Ether C to Ether C Flow?

Sometimes, but not always, I wish my ears were good enough to tell a difference in sound with a different cable.

If you just upgraded to a Flow within 30 days you're eligible for a free kit.

If you can't hear the difference in cables, then you can save some money. :) That said, the VIVO cable is also very ergonomic. I used one with my Walkman last night when I went walking, no cable noise. :dt880smile:

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #5,140 of 5,796
We made a couple of other changes. We're shortening the mobile connector cable length to 1.1m (3.5') for our 2.5, 3.5 and 4.4mm cables. This works WAY better for portable applications.

The regular 1/4 and XLR are 1.8m (6') or 3.1m (10').

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #5,141 of 5,796
If you just upgraded to a Flow within 30 days you're eligible for a free kit.

If you can't hear the difference in cables, then you can save some money. :) That said, the VIVO cable is also very ergonomic. I used one with my Walkman last night when I went walking, no cable noise. :dt880smile:
Hell yeah! Received my upgraded Ether C Flow just last week and loving it.

Coincidentally I'm using the original balanced version of the Ether cable that has all of the cable noise. If I hadn't recently ordered a balanced cable from Ursine, I probably would go for the VIVO. I really like the DUMMER cable that came with my Aeon's and any cable noise improvement sounds like a win.

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #5,142 of 5,796
That's about how long I made my cable. I put the Hirose connector you use on the end and got the opposite gender and made a modular setup. Made modular ends for 2.5mm TRRS, 3.5mm TRS, 1/4" TRS and XLR and an extension cable. I don't have anything that uses 4.4mm cables but I may get a burr somewhere and make an adapter for giggles one day. I used paracord to cover the wires. It's pretty micro-phonic though. I just used mic cable that I stripped the outer insulation and shielding from. So it's far from high performance. One day maybe I'll get some expensive wire and better sheathing and build another set. I just dread trying to get those brass things crimped when I don't have the right tool.

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #5,143 of 5,796
That's about how long I made my cable. I put the Hirose connector you use on the end and got the opposite gender and made a modular setup. Made modular ends for 2.5mm TRRS, 3.5mm TRS, 1/4" TRS and XLR and an extension cable. I don't have anything that uses 4.4mm cables but I may get a burr somewhere and make an adapter for giggles one day. I used paracord to cover the wires. It's pretty micro-phonic though. I just used mic cable that I stripped the outer insulation and shielding from. So it's far from high performance. One day maybe I'll get some expensive wire and better sheathing and build another set. I just dread trying to get those brass things crimped when I don't have the right tool.

The right tools for making cables can really improve longevity...

Oct 2, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #5,144 of 5,796
I agree. If I could find a set of crimpers for those little brass dohickeys, at all, but also at an affordable price, I'd buy a set. I've searched around, I think I found a pair long time ago but they were like $700. Happen to know a source? :)

Oct 2, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #5,145 of 5,796
Dan,

Could you give me an idea of how the new vivo compares to the Wywires platinum please?

I had the pleasure of trying the Ether Flows with the platinum at canjam London and was very impressed. You had another after market copper cable i belive that sounded darker and i wasnt such a fan of. I'd appreciate any comparisons you could offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back