MTPG insertion depth, does it matter?
May 2, 2012 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sneaglebob

100+ Head-Fier
According to the multi IEM review, the monster turbine pro gold is sensitive for insertion depth and I want to know if its true.

And I'm sorry for asking this again but how bass heavy are the turbine golds anyways?

May 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 4
Well insertion depth will almost always have an affect on the sound, especially the bass. For example, if you only apply a shallow insertion, the bass will usually be lighter than what you'd hear with a deep insertion. 

How bassy something is is subjective. Some may have them to be very bassy while others may find it to not have enough. While they are certainly more bassy than many other iems frequently mentioned on the forum, there is just no way of actually measuring how bassy an iem is. Trust your own ears. 

May 2, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #3 of 4
I have standard Turbines, with Monsters stock tips insertion can really make or break them. If I use large tips following Monsters "insertion video" I lose all sound, it gets cut off sounding terrible like I've lowered volume to minimum. Changing down one size to medium tips I can plop them in just how Crystal tells me too and boom shanka! Perfect seal and bass response. 

Basically it takes some trial error. You don't need to shove them into your ear drum, you just need a seal. 

May 2, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Well insertion depth will almost always have an affect on the sound, especially the bass. For example, if you only apply a shallow insertion, the bass will usually be lighter than what you'd hear with a deep insertion. 

How bassy something is is subjective. Some may have them to be very bassy while others may find it to not have enough. While they are certainly more bassy than many other iems frequently mentioned on the forum, there is just no way of actually measuring how bassy an iem is. Trust your own ears. 

Well I own the klkipsch s4 and I want to know if they are a good upgrade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back