Music and Sound Lifts Me Up - BIG Props to the Head-Fi Tribe in my Latest Essay
Mar 13, 2014 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mikemercer

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey ya'll,

I wanted to share my latest essay for The High Fidelity Report entitled Music and Sound Lifts Me Up.

This tribe has come to mean a great deal to me over the years - and that relationship only grows as time goes by...
This particular article is also HIGHLY PERSONAL. The weeks following CES were f___in really tough for me, physically
and emotionally. I was struck with an illness that moved in and took over.

I was helpless, useless, and, worst of all, more restless than usual!

I gave Head-Fi and all of you props for being here anytime I needed to geek out or express my silly-a__ self in this forum
during that time and others, as it's been a place where I learn and connect frequently. I also get to express my sincere joy over this
(being here since 09) still relatively new sonic frontier whenever I get inspired to do so!!

I also jumped the gun at CES and said some things to a dear friend here that I wholly regret. I care about this person 
a great deal and I sincerely hope he can find it in his heart to give me the benefit of the doubt, It won't happen AGAIN.
So like I said: I'm constantly learning something from my involvement here! Assumptions are the mother of all f__ ups,
and I paid a real price for assuming. I'm NOT going to make that mistake again either.

So I sincerely hope you dig the piece. I dug deeply for this one.

o2smile.gif

Yours in Sound,

Mercer

Mar 14, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 3
Hope you get well with the health issue.

You can only learn from the assumption debacle.
Do your best to make it right and keep the lesson learnt from the experience always in mind.

We humans weren't models of moral correctness and civility when we were born, and frankly, we will still be works of progress until we shuffle off this mortal coil.

The best we can do is to learn from our experiences/mistakes and warn others to not fall for the same pitfalls.

If your friend knows you and is a true friend they should understand and cut you some slack, but, not to apologise and try to make things right is to misuse that friend.

Mar 14, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hope you get well with the health issue.

You can only learn from the assumption debacle.
Do your best to make it right and keep the lesson learnt from the experience always in mind.

We humans weren't models of moral correctness and civility when we were born, and frankly, we will still be works of progress until we shuffle off this mortal coil.

The best we can do is to learn from our experiences/mistakes and warn others to not fall for the same pitfalls.

If your friend knows you and is a true friend they should understand and cut you some slack, but, not to apologise and try to make things right is to misuse that friend.

"If your friend knows you and is a true friend they should understand and cut you some slack, but, not to apologise and try to make things right is to misuse that friend."

YUP, and I apologized first thing.

I appreciate everything you said here @wink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back