Music City Meet - Nashville, Spring 2018, March 3: Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #46 of 94
No, I don't leave it out. I have a cart to store the components.
To listen, I move the equipment to the table and reconnect.

Not the best, for sure. It stresses the connections.
Now that I'm retired, I am working on a more permanent solution!

That's why I've been listening on the mobile rig lately...
So - I fully support the concept of a home rig + a decent mobile rig...LOL.

Mar 7, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #47 of 94
No, I don't leave it out. I have a cart to store the components.
To listen, I move the equipment to the table and reconnect.

Not the best, for sure. It stresses the connections.
Now that I'm retired, I am working on a more permanent solution!

That's why I've been listening on the mobile rig lately...
So - I fully support the concept of a home rig + a decent mobile rig...LOL.

I think so too lol, I usually keep my HM901 & Pico Power connected even when they are offline. It's very grab an go friendly! Though a DAC/Amp is really the best place to start [and maybe stop sometimes] a lot more convenient than a DAP/Amp

@kilkil I think your going to really enjoy the freedom of a Mobile Set up especially if your working away from you home speakers

Mar 8, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #48 of 94
Thanks so much to Tom for hosting and everyone else for bringing such great stuff.

I've been around 2 channel for a long while, but this get together was a first time for me to delve into the headphone experience. And boy, what an experience it was. So hope I wasn't too wide eyed at the wide array of really cool stuff!

5m8l7UO.jpg

And my audio friend, Scott, that came along was impressed with not just the audio, but also the real show stopper, the beer cooler!!

fbw6HBu.jpg

What a great time!

CJ

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #49 of 94
I hope no one minds that I post this here, but I didn’t know another way to get in touch with Nashville’s local audiophiles.

I am making a trip to Nashville soon and I am looking for recommendations for an audiologist that is familiar with CIEM impressions.

I had impressions made at a chain hearing aid store in my city and they turned out terrible which is why I’m looking for an audiologist familiar with IEMS. Everywhere else I have called in my city wants between 100-150 for impressions, and again with no guarantee they are familiar with IEMs.

If anyone has any recommendations for where to get impressions near Nashville, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #50 of 94
I hope no one minds that I post this here, but I didn’t know another way to get in touch with Nashville’s local audiophiles.

I am making a trip to Nashville soon and I am looking for recommendations for an audiologist that is familiar with CIEM impressions.

I had impressions made at a chain hearing aid store in my city and they turned out terrible which is why I’m looking for an audiologist familiar with IEMS. Everywhere else I have called in my city wants between 100-150 for impressions, and again with no guarantee they are familiar with IEMs.

If anyone has any recommendations for where to get impressions near Nashville, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

There is an Alclair rep here that does the impressions for free for Alclair products. I love my Studio 4 from them, I don't know of any audiologist.

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #51 of 94
There is an Alclair rep here that does the impressions for free for Alclair products. I love my Studio 4 from them, I don't know of any audiologist.

I actually just came across that on their website when looking at manufacturer recommended audiologist in the area. I doubt they would be interested in doing impressions for a competing company though. Anyways I do appreciate your reply.

Mar 18, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #52 of 94

Thanks in advance
Here is a link from 64audio shows all the recommended audiologist and how to make CIEM with 64audio: https://www.64audio.com/audiologists. Usually big brand (i.e. UE)has their own website about recommended audiologist. If you want to customize certain type CIEM, go to their website and find their recommended audiologist. Different CIEM may have different requirements for your ear impression. As far as I know, UE has his dealer in Nashville, you can visit him by making an appointment.This is the UE's instruction(technically you can make your own by using an ear impression kit) http://pro.ultimateears.com/get-your-impressions. There is also a JH audio dealer in Nashville. He has no associated audiologist on site, but I think that he may give you some advice about audiologists in Nashville. Good luck.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #53 of 94
Here is a link from 64audio shows all the recommended audiologist and how to make CIEM with 64audio: https://www.64audio.com/audiologists. Usually big brand (i.e. UE)has their own website about recommended audiologist. If you want to customize certain type CIEM, go to their website and find their recommended audiologist. Different CIEM may have different requirements for your ear impression. As far as I know, UE has his dealer in Nashville, you can visit him by making an appointment.This is the UE's instruction(technically you can make your own by using an ear impression kit) http://pro.ultimateears.com/get-your-impressions. There is also a JH audio dealer in Nashville. He has no associated audiologist on site, but I think that he may give you some advice about audiologists in Nashville. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the dealer I am using is out of the country and doesn’t have any recommended dealers or audiologist in the country. I was just hoping somewhere here would have first hand experience with an audiologist in the area, if not I’ll probably end up going with an audiologist recommended by a big brand (such as those on 64’s site)

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #54 of 94
As a heads up, I got some positive feed back from a few of you on my Ypsilon G1, the Brown Headbanded GPad'd Grado headhone I had, with the Gray Cable
Non the less I wanted to let you guys know I've got it up for sale! Figured it was time to allow some else to enjoy it ^^ as it's sitting around my office to much not doing any one any good

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ypsilon-g1-custom-build.875579/

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #56 of 94
My Abyss 1266’s arrived today, thank you @buke9 for sharing yours in Nashville, all I can say is WOW! At home, in a quiet setting listening to Pink Floyd is beyond sublime.

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #57 of 94
My Abyss 1266’s arrived today, thank you @buke9 for sharing yours in Nashville, all I can say is WOW! At home, in a quiet setting listening to Pink Floyd is beyond sublime.

Congrats, I remember you enjoying 1812 with the abyss.

My office system has changed since the meet, now I'm using the mojo dac and the dynahi to power my speakers. It is the best the speakers ever sounded, definitely much more distracting while I'm trying to work.

Mar 29, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #59 of 94
Oh Kevin, what a nice addition to your collection!
Beyond sublime is a great place to be...

Mar 30, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #60 of 94
Awesome Kevin hope you love them as much as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back