Music City Meet - Nashville, Spring 2018, March 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #76 of 133
I am planning on making the meet on the 3rd and look forward to meeting some new folks. Working on another audio friend (Scott) to make the drive over with.

To introduce myself....

Joined this forum to follow the Schiit threads after buying a Yggy and then a Freya.

I'm pretty DIY oriented in home audio. "Grew-up" on Martin Logan's and high power and drifted into DIY and low power and efficient speakers...primarily open baffle.

Hoping to bring...

A battery powered tube HD amp...if it's done. And some moosic via an Astell & Kern AK70 mkII.

Cool Jazz (Mark)

oooooh that's awesome! Were very happy to have you then, I love DIY stuff

Also A recap, at my last meet people weren't too interested in any of my portables so I'll likely leave that at home, and @buke9 I also have an RS-1 Button in my collection, but my question though is whose bringing what? An how much or what overlap is ok, also 2 8Foot Tables will house my entire desktop collection of stuff [I have one in my car I would just need another one] and I have a tinee tiny table to house the portables, so am If I able to use 2 tables, I'm considering bringing these rigs

Portables; [on my little 1.5 Foot Foldable]
ALO Cascade +HM901+ALO RX MKB3 [Balanced]
Cayin N5 iii + Modded ES10 [Balanced]
Geek Out v2Plus + Nhoord Red V1 [Balanced}

Hopefully the cell service up there is good as I'll be streaming spotify on my cell with the V2+, if not I'll download a bunch of stuff on the drive up

For desktop stuff I'd like to bring
Modded APPJ PA1052A Set + SDR Modded HD 800 +Silver Cable/ ZMF Eikon +Silver Cable] SE
Ember II + LCD 2 Pre Fazor [SE custom OCC Cable]
NFB10ES2 DAC/Amp +HE 4/AKG K240 Sextett [SPC Re-cable+Velour Pads] [Balanced]
JDS Labs EL Dac [iRiver H140 Source] +Schiit Vali 1 with [Grado RS2E/ RS-1 Button "Classic" White Driver no serial/ Ypsilon G1/ Maple Sleeved Black Limba Magnum V7

The NFB10ES2 feeds into both my Ember II and ReCapped APPJ, and the ELDac system is it's own separate thing, here's a pic of my tables at the last meet I just did

20180217_124245.jpg

All of that should fit across 2 tables or less and if it's ok that I take up that space then that'll be my final list of gear though I may have something else very small/special if I can get it in time! But a big shout out to @Andykong for allowing me to showcase the new N5 iii at this event!

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #78 of 133
Well as of now I’m bringing the HD-800’s the Ether-C,RS1’s, K872’s ,HE-500, and some others are that I’ll keep in the trunk.

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #79 of 133
Sorry the Abyss will be there.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #80 of 133
I apologize for being a bit slow to respond to things. Work and visitors have kept me busy. Trying to keep the first post kind of up to date is almost too much work. The main purpose of the first post is to draw attention to meet that there is excellent equipment here. @buke9 i just now realalized you had the k872's, being an AKG fan i i'm looking forward to see what they have done their high-end headphones.
@Mshenay ATT is good at my house, sprint is OK, not sure about others, i have wifi, 50mb service, so everyone should be able to stream reasonably well.

As for all the table offers, they would be appreciated, i have a 7ft table, a snack bar, a desk, an island, and a kitchen table.

I'm looking forward to the meet, less than 2 weeks away.

Feb 24, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #82 of 133
Well Gents & Ladies, I’ve received the all clear to attend the Meet, I’ll be bringing:

Focal Clear
Audeze iSine 20
Heron 5 Amplifier
Vinshine R2R “Special” ladder DAC.

Is there a hotel nearby that you recommend?

Feb 24, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #83 of 133
Hotels, about 3 miles from my place is Retreat at center hill lake: http://www.timothyhill.org/retreat-centers/the-retreat-at-center-hill-lake/
Smithville has some small hotels, but they look questionable quality. Cookeville is about 20-25 minutes away and they have the standard chain hotels

This is going to be a great meet, can't wait, only a week away now. Weather is going to be pleasant, sunny 55 degree day. As for food, I'll be grilling sausage, chicken, maybe something else.

Feb 25, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #85 of 133
Joe, hate that you won’t be there!

Feb 26, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #86 of 133
I'll check with SWMBO tonight, not much notice though. Sorry I missed last time, life just got in the way.

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #87 of 133
Hey fellas, sorry to say that I'm no longer able to attend this coming weekend. Rather bummed! Take lots of pictures please!

Joe, hate that you won’t be there!

Ahhh man, I'm also saddenend to hear you won't be making it!

I'll check with SWMBO tonight, not much notice though. Sorry I missed last time, life just got in the way.

hope you can make it and interestingly enough @Wiljen refers to his wife with the same acronym... you guys must be brothers in arms... and it seems you two are in the same state... now I'm curious how this acronym came into existence among not one but two audio enthusiasts

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #88 of 133
SWMBO came from Rumpole of the Bailey - an old british detective show. That was what he always refers to his wife as throughout the series. It aired on PBS for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back