Music first and foremost DAP
Mar 22, 2018 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pewterlocks

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,
I am wanting to get a new DAP (wife allowing) that plays music only. I don't need WiFi or even Bluetooth for that matter, just needs to have great sound, I like a wide expansive open sound but open to other types. It does not have to be the latest and greatest, sometimes older is better. I would like 2 card slots if possible.

Right now I own Fiio X5 2, Cayin N5 and in need of repair Shanling M2
I mainly use my Focal Spirit Pro for listening

I have researched the The Bit Opus#1 S, but can't find it to purchase in Canada.

I thank all in advance and look forward to your information.

Bruce

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 5
You can consider the new FIIO X3-III. It comes with balanced output. Or maybe SONY ZX-300 or WM-1A if budget allowed? The performances of these 2 SONY DAPs are amazing and I love them :)

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 5
What do you expect from the new DAP that your current DAPs can't do, and what is your budget?
I'd expect to get a significant improvement you'd be looking at USD 500 up?

Hiby R6 comes to my mind, or what about a DAC/AMP to connect to your DAPs? The Hidizs DH1000 is an interesting project on kickstarter, and a Chord Mojo is something like a classic that seems to be really popular with pretty much anyone who listens to it.
(Disclaimer - I am just going by what I have read, haven't had a chance to listen to either of them)

Mar 27, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 5
You can consider the new FIIO X3-III. It comes with balanced output. Or maybe SONY ZX-300 or WM-1A if budget allowed? The performances of these 2 SONY DAPs are amazing and I love them :)

I haven't researched the X3-3 alot, but I am going to check it out.
As for the Sony two that you mentioned, everything that I have read is that they are lacking in power.

Mar 27, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #5 of 5
What do you expect from the new DAP that your current DAPs can't do, and what is your budget?
I'd expect to get a significant improvement you'd be looking at USD 500 up?

Hiby R6 comes to my mind, or what about a DAC/AMP to connect to your DAPs? The Hidizs DH1000 is an interesting project on kickstarter, and a Chord Mojo is something like a classic that seems to be really popular with pretty much anyone who listens to it.
(Disclaimer - I am just going by what I have read, haven't had a chance to listen to either of them)

I forget to mention that I have a Fiio M3 for an amp.
As for the Hiby R6, from what I am gathering from here is that it is still suffering from growing pains,as for anything on Kickstarter/ Indigogo there seems to be more disasters then sucesss ( Echobox anyone).

But thanks for sharing , do appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back