Music Recommendation!: Caro Emerald - Deleted Scenes from The Cutting Room Floor
Apr 24, 2010 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
Caro Emerald - Deleted Scenes from The Cutting Room Floor
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...qL._AA300_.png

I know it’s been a while since I have posted a new album review or even a solid recommendation for an entire album. Well…here is one I feel confident in recommending. Why? The music is darn catchy, the vocals are sexy and the mish-mash of styles is not just creative but very pleasing as well.

On first listen you can hear influences of jazz, hip-hop, break beats, swing, mambo and tangos. Sure it sounds like these styles could never have a proper marriage but this album proves this idea wrong. Caro Emerald’s voice only adds to the catchy beats and wonderful arrangements. In particular, the second track, “Just One Dance”, really shows off her sexy voice and attitude. What’s even more fascinating is that she is Dutch and this is her first…that’s right…FIRST album.

I have heard this album over and over and can honestly say that there isn’t a single bad track on the entire album. The songs are as catchy as a new Lady Gaga song!The only downfall to the album is that it is mastered very loud. It’s a high price to pay for such great music, but you can always try to remaster it.
wink.gif

Jazz, tango, hip-hop, break beats, mambo, pop, etc. One can only imagine what such a mixture can sound like but wonder and imagine no more! Buy this album and find out just how intoxicating the mixture of styles can be when sung by such a sensual sounding vocalist.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Dec 3, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 5
Jep, very nice this Dutch lady, always good musicians around her when she performs

Jan 27, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
does anyone know an easy/not ridiculously expensive place to buy it in the states? the imports on amazon are 30 bucks!!

Just in case if you haven't figured out yet, you can always buy from amazon.co.uk. I have done that many times for region free bluray movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back