Music that doesn't scale.
Jul 8, 2014 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

drez

Headphoneus Supremus
A few days ago I jumped onto a Hi-Res content provider to see what was new, and noticed a ghost from the past in 24/48 format.  Linking Park, wow I had great taste in music about 10 years ago.  Nu-metal, scratching and rap vocals 
biggrin.gif

Anyway one of my favourite things in this hobby is to dig up familiar music to see what my system will do for it.  So for a bit of nostalgia I gave the music a listen.

So what is the difference between playing Linkin Park through a 10k system and through an mp3 player with complimentary earbuds.  Absolutely nothing.  It sounds exactly the same.  Nothing new is revealed, except maybe my bad taste in music as a teenager.

I have other recordings which behave the same way.  Do you have any recordings like this which never change?

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 5
  A few days ago I jumped onto a Hi-Res content provider to see what was new, and noticed a ghost from the past in 24/48 format.  Linking Park, wow I had great taste in music about 10 years ago.  Nu-metal, scratching and rap vocals 
biggrin.gif

Anyway one of my favourite things in this hobby is to dig up familiar music to see what my system will do for it.  So for a bit of nostalgia I gave the music a listen.

So what is the difference between playing Linkin Park through a 10k system and through an mp3 player with complimentary earbuds.  Absolutely nothing.  It sounds exactly the same.  Nothing new is revealed, except maybe my bad taste in music as a teenager.

I have other recordings which behave the same way.  Do you have any recordings like this which never change?

Many. Compressed.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 5
Yep, DR4 lol.

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Hilarious timing of this video lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back