Must Bose Companion 5 be connected to a computer to work?
Feb 11, 2017 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Joe621

New Head-Fier
I've been thinking of buying these. I know what you all are probably thinking but im not looking for something to shake my house down. They will be in my small room not some stadium full of people. Which will be more than enough for my needs.

I was looking to get something similar to my old Dell Zylux a525 speakers which I used for playing music stored on my phone via AUX cable (I'm not into all that wireless Bluetooth blah blah btw)

I was wondering, do the Bose Companion 5 have to be used for PC use only. I don't use any computers. I only want these speakers for my room so I can hook my phone up.

Im asking this question because I noticed that they also have a USB cable to plug into the computer.

Anybody out there who has these speakers know if this is possible?

Thank you,
Joseph

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #2 of 4
You can. The control pod has a AUX in (3.5mm connector). Just max out the volume on your phone then adjust the volume with the Bose

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for you input. I just talked to the bose store manager and he said that he looked into it for me last week and said that they don't have to be connected to a pc to work. Thanks a lot.

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #4 of 4
I got a set for free from a friend. You can make them shake your house down. They serve as great home theater speakers too especially when the satellites are set 14 feet apart. More for movies and games than music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back