My first amp experience! Woah :o
Nov 27, 2011 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ineedmorebase

500+ Head-Fier
So I'm in between IEM's right now, waiting for a replacement and was using
Bose qc 15 and straight from my iPhone 4 they are well..."good" definitely would not buy them for their price but great noise isolation, I was curious
And plugged em into my dads onkyo a huge modern looking silver receiver with "WRAT"- wide range amp technology, and Woooow they sound completely different, you can now feel the bass
Rumbling and music sounds very different soundstage wise! I could listen to them all day! While unamped like 1 hour max cause they just aren't THAT enjoyable.

Will it sound much different with some ultrasone 900 pros ? How much does an amp
Affect the sound? With my iems they sound ...kinda the same! So in guessing
It changes
A
Lot!

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 7
Dude once you get pro900 the phrase "MOAR bass" will never be uttered again. A lot of people say they benefit from amps but honestly I thought they sounded perfectly fine without one.

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 7
Dude once you get pro900 the phrase "MOAR bass" will never be uttered again. A lot of people say they benefit from amps but honestly I thought they sounded perfectly fine without one.

I'm not sure bout that sir,
I heard
Some xb500 in best buy and had good bass but still not enough to satisfy me :xf_eek: plus their quality sucked lol

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #6 of 7

Then you dont want headphones, you want a portable & wearable sub for each ear 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I'm not sure bout that sir,
I heard
Some xb500 in best buy and had good bass but still not enough to satisfy me
redface.gif
plus their quality sucked lol

Nov 27, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 7
Well, I have the money for the pro 900s but are they worth 300 bucks? How's the bass
Compare
To the xb500 and what would the 900s be like with the Zo or zo2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back