My First Pair
Jun 1, 2013 at 6:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dvalent

New Head-Fier
Hi all, 

So Ive decided to buy my first pair of respectable headphones, with a budget of 100- 200£ I've been looking at the Senns 558 and 598 which i really liked although I realized i will be using the them in the office and library etc. so I'm trying to settle for some closed headphones instead. 

i really like the reviews of the Senns MOMENTUM although they are on the pricey side of my research
also Ive been looking at the MDR1R which i really like and heard only good things about them.

Other mentions:

[size=1.7em] AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-M50S[/size]

[size=1.7em] Denon AHD1100[/size]

I really like the design of the first two and I'm leaning towards a pair with good punchy bass since my main music is electronic, I also listen to quite a lot of Blues and Rock.

any suggestions and new models are appreciated! 

D.

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Definitely not going to want to buy the HD650's if you want to get usage out of it in a library setting. Not only is it open back but you'd want a decent amplifier to drive it. They're far from ideal in terms of portability.

The D2000's are a solid choice for a lot of people though.

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Definitely not going to want to buy the HD650's if you want to get usage out of it in a library setting. Not only is it open back but you'd want a decent amplifier to drive it. They're far from ideal in terms of portability.

The D2000's are a solid choice for a lot of people though.

You can actually carry a giant amp with you to drive it so that you can catch some attentions XD nah...joking..

If Electronics music is what you listen to mostly, MDR-1R personally, might not be for you unfortunately. It can be too slow and there's roll off at the very bottom end of bass (sub-bass). Bass here is also not as strong as the Momentum to me personally.

Yes, MDR-1R is a better all rounder but for some aggressive/fast music, it just lacking a few last bite as you can feel with the Momentum.

Other than those two headphones, you have choice of UE6000. It's a great pair of headphone for your needs.

Hope this help!
Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back