My thoughts on the K702 (rant warning)
May 14, 2022 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TomKure

Head-Fier
Hi! So recently I bought a used K702 in a very good condition. TL;DR: Did not like the sound, sold them 2 days later.

The thing is, they had so much upper midrange, all vocals sounded extremely "screamy" and aggressive and electric guitar sound was so freaking sharp and ear-piercing. Bass was anemic, just almost absent. Upper treble was kinda OK tho :)

So definitely not the headphone for me. Thing is, this was not the 1st K702 I heard but the sound was the same. Bought them because it was a bargain and I wanted to give them a chance, like maybe my memory of the sound did not give them justice. Unfortunately, the opposite was true.

Another thing is, after listening to them for more than a couple of minutes, the sound actually made me feel ill, like if I listen to them for several minutes more, I might even be sick and was starting to get a headache. My question is, did anyone ever feel the same just from listening to a headphone with a very specific sound that just was not your cup of tea?

May 26, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #4 of 5
What did you amp them with? I can think of very few headphones in that price range that need more juice than those AKGs. They are utterly transformed with proper juice. Your impressions reminded me of mine, until I gave them a ton of current. In fact this was the very experience I had about 12 years ago that sent me down this whole rabbit hole.

May 26, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #5 of 5
L30 and O2, don't think they were underamped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back