My two wheeled friends...
May 22, 2004 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
Well, I seem to have met so many people here with similar interests to myself, I thought I'd throw out another hook and see if there were any more likeminded fish out there..
wink.gif

Here's one of my all time passions: (pic isn't mine but I just sold one very close to this a while back)

Triumph%20Adventurer%20080701-29web.jpg

...and this is the machine I intend to get next year..(the bike, guys
rolleyes.gif
)....
very_evil_smiley.gif

ducati749R.jpg

...roll on next year.....
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 47
I was just down in Myrtle Beach for Bike Week (I'm only 20, I don't have a bike
frown.gif
), and man it was a sight to see! I even saw the fella's from the TV show Orange County Choppers. I do plan on getting an R6 in the future though...

Heh, also, my friend bought a pair of Oakley's that are slathered in that same Ducati red paint. $300
blink.gif

May 22, 2004 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 47
I'm saving up for a used 1984 Honda CB750. Nice cruiser, cheap, easy to fix, cheap, good leraner, cheap.

as soon as I get myself dug out of my debt hole, I get to start saving. Hopefully next summer I'll be riding.

May 22, 2004 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 47
Nice Truimph! I ride an '03 Speedmaster myself. I've got pics but don't know how to post. My next bike will likely be a Ducati Monster S4 or S4R. Rode one for about 50 miles recently and was hugely impressed. I also like some Aprilia's, but the Mille was to uncomfortable for street riding. The Tuono was fantastic though. I've also ridden some 4 cylinder bikes but once you get used to the torque of the Duc's or Aprilia it's very hard to go back.

May 22, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #6 of 47
kentamcolin, a friend of mine broke half (almost) the bones in his body falling off a Mille. He used the insurance money to buy a new one..
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #7 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
kentamcolin, a friend of mine broke half (almost) the bones in his body falling off a Mille. He used the insurance money to buy a new one..
biggrin.gif

I'M sad to say that I lost few good friends to these machines. And my best friend as more metal in his body that you have in your Larocco...
eek.gif

Be prudent, be very prudent...

Amicalement

May 22, 2004 at 9:18 PM Post #8 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by genetic
I'M sad to say that I lost few good friends to these machines. And my best friend as more metal in his body that you have in your Larocco...
eek.gif

Be prudent, be very prudent...

Amicalement

Hi Genetic,
I'm sorry about that, man..
frown.gif
I've known a couple, too. Every machine like this should be treated with the utmost respect. That said, accidents can happen and will happen no matter what we ride.

May 22, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #9 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
That said, accidents can happen and will happen no matter what we ride.

Your are perfectly right. I'm sorry to have posted that. It is a legit hobby despite the fact that it almost cost me the chance to listen to headphone-gear...

Amicalement

P.S The «babe» on the red one is less dangerous.... or maybe not...
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2004 at 10:03 PM Post #10 of 47
Quote:

The «babe» on the red one is less dangerous.... or maybe not...
biggrin.gif

I think I'd take the babe over the bike. You can.... *edit: censored by me*
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2004 at 10:48 PM Post #11 of 47
Quote:

Your are perfectly right. I'm sorry to have posted that. It is a legit hobby despite the fact that it almost cost me the chance to listen to headphone-gear...

Amicalement

P.S The «babe» on the red one is less dangerous.... or maybe not...
biggrin.gif

Now this is what I call fun...the guy flying in this picture was the one who trained me, in a small town in central Sweden..BTW, you just change the boat for wheels when you want to use it on land
very_evil_smiley.gif

bat_trike15.jpg

May 23, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #13 of 47
Where's the kickstand on the Ducati? How's its reliability?

I was never a fairing type guy (or cafe racer for that matter). I was always a Kowasaki 400 Commuter type of guy (although I did enjoy my Yamaha 350).

So what's the price? $8000?

May 23, 2004 at 4:59 AM Post #14 of 47
Went from small and agile to big and somewhat agile. Owned 2 CBR's while in college. The first got stolen and used the insurance money to purchase the second. Discovered that I like long long multiday journeys and the CBR F2 I had wasn't really that good for touring. That was after a 15,000 mile month and half cross country trip. Now I have a BMW K1200RS...with a measly 8000 miles on the clock over 4 years because I'm no longer in college and have to work damn it.

How do you cruiser guys do long trips? My back aches if I have to sit up like that all day. Slap a tank bag on a roomy crotch rocket and take the weight off the iron butt.

May 23, 2004 at 10:40 AM Post #15 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeliao
Went from small and agile to big and somewhat agile. Owned 2 CBR's while in college. The first got stolen and used the insurance money to purchase the second. Discovered that I like long long multiday journeys and the CBR F2 I had wasn't really that good for touring. That was after a 15,000 mile month and half cross country trip. Now I have a BMW K1200RS...with a measly 8000 miles on the clock over 4 years because I'm no longer in college and have to work damn it.

How do you cruiser guys do long trips? My back aches if I have to sit up like that all day. Slap a tank bag on a roomy crotch rocket and take the weight off the iron butt.

Haven't done much long cruising, myself. Real men don't need cruisers...
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back