My westone 4s went through the washer and dryer. o.0
Aug 7, 2013 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

iwn730

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I unfortunately had my westone 4s in their case and went through the wash and dryer and a few hours later I plugged them in and they worked. My question is will the sound quality be affected after going through the wash and drier?

Thanks

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 15
It wil probably sound a little washed out... 
etysmile.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:
Hello everyone, I unfortunately had my westone 4s in their case and went through the wash and dryer and a few hours later I plugged them in and they worked. My question is will the sound quality be affected after going through the wash and drier?

Thanks

Only you can tell.
They may be fine. Was it on hot dry cycle or warm? Hot water wash or cold?
Hot is probably not good...

but still, if they still sound good.

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #6 of 15
If they sound good then I'd try not to think about it. I'd avoid using them for a bit just in case of any latent moisture.

Only thing that would really change the sound is if one or more drivers give out, as far as I know. I'm fairly sure you'd notice that.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:
Stick it in a small bag of rice for a few days to make sure you get all the moisture out before using them again.

That's the point of the drier...  LOL.  Guess it's better to be safe than sorry XD 

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #11 of 15
I agree with the posts above. If not sounds normal than it should be fine but I'd dry it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back