My Wife is ready for hi-fi! Suggestions??
Mar 22, 2024 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

skeeb23

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone!
Some of you may know me, or my YT channel @skeeb23. Well after Bri (my wife) and I visited the last CanJam in NYC we decided its time to dip her toes into her own kit. So today we uploaded a video to my YouTube to get the community involved to help us gather ideas.
Id love to get more involvement with this idea and to have quite a bit of fun in the process. If you have a few minutes, check out the video link here and help spread the word. This will be a series of videos as we progress through building her kit.

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #3 of 17
Mar 22, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #6 of 17
Does she want a small ear iem?
She does have small ears. Although she hasn't tried enough IEMs to know for sure. So I'd like her to try all versions. Short nozzle, longer, chonky and not.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #7 of 17
She does have small ears. Although she hasn't tried enough IEMs to know for sure. So I'd like her to try all versions. Short nozzle, longer, chonky and not.
Did she Like Scarlett mini? I watched abit of your stream. For iems have her try the Gizaudio x Binary Chopin, and the new Crin Singolo. Both are nice and small.

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #8 of 17
Did she Like Scarlett mini? I watched abit of your stream. For iems have her try the Gizaudio x Binary Chopin, and the new Crin Singolo. Both are nice and small.
Yeah the Scarlet Mini was my fault. Her phone wasn't setup with UAPP and the volume was low. The RU7 was almost maxed and she didn't get a good listen. She may have found that one too bass with proper volume settings...just my guess.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #10 of 17
The plot thickens!

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #11 of 17
Elysian Pilgrim could be worth looking at, 400 USD and was one of the crowd favorites at CanJam NYC.

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #12 of 17
The plot thickens!

We are having so much fun doing these videos. Bri is really getting into wanting to check out all of these suggestions. She's eyeballing my RU7 too...

Apr 8, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #14 of 17
We just uploaded video 3 to the series!

We have narrowed down a list of Dongle Dac/amps and IEMs to choose from. We've also posted two polls to my channel to help pick the top 3 of each. I encourage anyone to chime in and help Bri out!

Apr 10, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #15 of 17
I am very jealous of you my friend skeeb!!!!:clap::clap::clap:
If my wife accidentally finds out how much money I spend in all these audio stuff (home is full of devices and cables),
she will kick me instantly out of the house and I will be sleeping every night in the dog's house!!!:cry::cry::cry:
Cheers mate!:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back