Mytek Announces Clef Mobile MQA DAC/Amp @ CES 2017
Feb 27, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #76 of 136
I placed my order early in February. Because of the delay I would like to cancel (the item was going to be a birthday gift), but this is proving to be difficult if not impossible. I have tried emails - no reply. As suggested I tried to open a ticket on the Mytek site, but that requires that one have a Mytek product and serial number which will not work since the Clef has not been shipped. I also tried calling the phone number (347-384-2687) on the Clef site several times. Sometimes the number cut out, other times I went straight through to a recorded voice message but was unable to leave a message of my own because the message box was full. In short, I have been unable to contact anyone at Mytek/Clef. If anyone has any idea how to go about canceling (or even contacting someone at the company), please let me know. Thanks.
They (@Mytek ) were responding earlier in this thread. You may try private messaging them here on headfi. That sucks that the gift didn't ship at all.

Mar 6, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #78 of 136
By way of update, I received an email from Mytek/Clef inviting me to cancel my order if I so wished because of the delay. I did so, and received a refund promptly. The initial lack of a response to inquiries may have been a little disappointing, but they did the right thing.

Mar 21, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #83 of 136
Once again - no sign of what’s to come. Seems like avoidance to me.... hoping to hear something soon
Sad thing is they have a new dac amp, The liberty dac, that looks promising. But if they can't answer some people's emails, on this thread, or other forms of communication on a consistent basis, they may find themselves losing new customers very quickly. This hobby relies a lot on trust because some people can't demo or even see the item up close. Having a manufacturer that is friendly and quick to respond to questions and concerns goes a long way in the audiophile industry.

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #85 of 136
New email update from Michal at Mytek today. The first batch didn't meet quality standards, so they aren't sending them out and are actually switching Chinese contract manufacturers as a result. No word on how that will delay new or future orders placed, but he says "we have hand made a limited batch of Clef devices here in the US in order to satisfy current preorders as well as reviewers. The batch is being tested and programmed right now with a new delivery date of April 30, 2018." He offers refunds to anyone who doesn't want to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back