Nakamichi SP-7
Sep 13, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #61 of 97
weel, finally, I did it ! without drinking...
not so eady to do, but it works.
so, as i have two sp7, i made the before and after test
the center hole gives clearer and stronger highs and mids. very pleasant !!!
didn't compare yet with ths srs, but I will.
still waiting for the new pads...

Glad you tried it and it worked out!

Sep 14, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #62 of 97
thanks for your excellent advice. but I have to say that if you are not used to mending headphones, this is not a good try. It is very esay to brake something in there.
I have another question : what did you use to reglue the mesh ?

Sep 14, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #63 of 97
thanks for your excellent advice. but I have to say that if you are not used to mending headphones, this is not a good try. It is very esay to brake something in there.
I have another question : what did you use to reglue the mesh ?

Yes, its definitely not for the faint-hearted or the inexperienced...

I am not sure if they have this in France, but in Primary schools, they usually give children glue-sticks instead of pots of liquid glue. I have found this works perfectly for re-attaching the mesh.

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #66 of 97
I found a donnor with wooden cups ( I will tell the reference when I find it back if someone is interested ) and I put two of the nak's sp7 drivers inside instead of the original ones. changed the pads, (the original added lots of muddy bass) ith very good quality grado copparable replacement pads( I have wrote about them in a recent post, but they gave too trong highs), and the result is ... wow !
If i compare the sp7 in its original configuration ( with the added holes we talked about here lately) to this new headphones with nak drivers ( primo 40, which are the same as in the Grado hp100, as i have recently acknowledged) Now I have the lethal weapon. lol.the original nak has more mids, but they seem too strong, when comparing to the hybrid wooden nak. and on this last, the bass are up, the very highs too.
I will add pictures
it was not an easy job to do, but I am very happy with it !

Sep 24, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #67 of 97
nak2018a.jpg

nak2018b.jpg

Sep 25, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #70 of 97
it is not the good size, for the pads, they are much smaller than the diamater of the cups. but they fit with a good effort.
after a while, it can be a bit unpleasant for the ears ( not the sound, the ears themselves, as part of the body)

Sep 25, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #73 of 97
here, they say that the drivers are a berylium alloy
https://www.on-mag.fr/index.php/top...qui-a-ton-d-un-haut-de-gamme-mais-pas-le-prix
sorry, it's in french. nobody seems to know who makes them in fact, and I could read that several brands sell it. but which brands ? couldn't find....

Best known variant of that headphone is bosshifi b7. There are other rebrands...bearbizz comes to mind and I think sivga has that model too. Oem is still a mystery.

Most people consider b7 to be quite bad. I have bosshifi b7 and imo it is a muddy mess. Which is strange because msur n550 and n350 that I have use allmost identical drivers and those two are really good sounding headphones. Drivers are not real beryllium like on focal utopia. It's just beryllium coated.

If you use search function you will find a lot of info on all those headphones in this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones.822184/

Sep 27, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #75 of 97
now, I have details to give.
the headphones can be unpleasant to the ear because plastic parts are touching the ear. so, I added something to make the pads a bit thicker. And it perfecly works. the only desappointement of these pads is that they are a bit scratchy. so, after a while, their texture can be a bit disturbing.
to make the pads thicker, here what I did. I used a mouse pad (good rubber, about 1 mm thick) , and cut rings in it.

tapis.jpg

compas.jpg

anneau.jpg

and then I introduced the rings inside the cups, between the plastic part that holds the driver and the pads, to create an addes thickness

entreranneau.jpg

and the result is perfect.

my advices :
- don't take othe pads than those I had told : the others I tried all give a muddy bass sound, on the contrary to the grado type pads. even if they are very small, compared to the diameter of the headphones, they give the best result I could find. if someone knows of grado type pads that would be 90mm diameter, please tell me but I doubt it exists.
- take care that the b7 cups can oddly be turned up and down, so the driver can be in an upper position compared to the other driver if not fit like it should. As the position of the driver is very important ( the sound is better when it is located below) the drivers must be at the same location, or there will be an imbalance.

Attachments

• compas.jpg
    compas.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back