Narrowed down suggestions...Now what?
Nov 20, 2012 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chevy454

Head-Fier
Since I made my first post I been searching for the right type of IEM' s for my music style. I'm a complete bass head that loves clarity. I never would have thought it was this hard to make a decision on good IEM's. My friend swears his beats pro are best around. So I made a list of the top recommended earbuds.

Audio technica CKS77
monster turbine
soul sl99
Hippo vB
JVC HAFX1X
SONY xb90ex

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 4
If you want more bass punchy bass and clarity then Denon C300 are amazing because the tight deep, punchy bass and mids highs are very crisp and detailed with huge soundstage. But Sony XB90EX are also very good bassheavy IEMs(recommended) with good clarity.

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 4
I have owned or currently own three of the IEM's that you listed. The CKS77's, monster turbines, and the soul sl99's.

I've owned two pairs of monster turbines (both of which ended up with huge microphonics issues)...They sounded pretty good while they were functioning properly, but they crapped out rather quickly. Additionally the cable on them is garbage (although the one one the cks77's isn't much better).

I preferred the SL99's to the turbines (they had slightly better bass response), but they left me wanting more...

I'm currently using the Audio Technica CKS77's as my portable IEM. They have pretty good bass response just plugged into my laptop or my Google Nexus 4. They absolutely POUND when hooked up to my FiiO E17. The bass is very tight and there isn't a hint of distortion.

a previous poster mentioned the new Denon AH-C300's....I'm very tempted to compare to my Audio Technica's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back