need 100-120€ IEMs
Nov 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

blastomorpha

New Head-Fier
Hello there,
I'm going to buy a portable AMP+DAC that I'm 99% sure will be a Fiio E17.
Looking for something in the 100-120€ price range, and these feature:

- good isolation
- no sound coloration, good for audio editing also
- least fatiguing possible, confortable for long sessions
- something that helps to keep things distinguishable in very chaotic situations
- well built, robust

I found these:

- Etymotic High-Fidelity 5
Yamaha EPH-100 
VSonic GR07

Keeping in mind that I really like how my AKG 240 MKII sounds, which one is the best? Can you suggest something else?
Thanks in advance.

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 10
The HF5, RE0, Sony EX600, JVC FXD80, GR07, DBA-02 and Shure SE325 are great sounding IEMs without coloration and they all offers amount of details in all frequencies.

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #3 of 10
Fischer Audio DBA-02 MKII review on blog in signature, also lots more reviewed.

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #5 of 10
R-50, BA200 or RE262 (I know the RE262 is a bit colored but man its sounds good)

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #6 of 10
Thanks to all.
Given that I've just bought the E17 that I'll use at work or when I'm away from home for some days, which of the IEMs you suggested sounds better unamplifed? With a phome like the Motorola MB511 for example.

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Thanks to all.
Given that I've just bought the E17 that I'll use at work or when I'm away from home for some days, which of the IEMs you suggested sounds better unamplifed? With a phome like the Motorola MB511 for example.

Vsonic GR07 Mk.II  works well with low output impedance sources like phones and things like the Clip Zip. It has a relatively high impedance for a dynamic IEM, at 50 Ohms, but works well with all sources I have tried it with. It also fits your requirements for price and being relatively neutral. It is one of my very favourite IEM's.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to say is that this IEM uses a relatively unusual bio-cellulose dynamic driver. The manufacturers recommend 200-300 hours burn-in before it sounds its best. Fresh out of the box it can be a little sibilant. 

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Vsonic GR07 Mk.II  works well with low output impedance sources like phones and things like the Clip Zip. It has a relatively high impedance for a dynamic IEM, at 50 Ohms, but works well with all sources I have tried it with. It also fits your requirements for price and being relatively neutral. It is one of my very favourite IEM's.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to say is that this IEM uses a relatively unusual bio-cellulose dynamic driver. The manufacturers recommend 200-300 hours burn-in before it sounds its best. Fresh out of the box it can be a little sibilant. 

Didn't know that there is a GR07 MkII. Which are the differences with MKI and how can I know if I'm buying the new model? Is it clear looking at the box?

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
Didn't know that there is a GR07 MkII. Which are the differences with MKI and how can I know if I'm buying the new model? Is it clear looking at the box?

The Mark II is stated as such on the front of the box there is "GR07" written about a third of the way up the box on the bottom, right hand side front, and then directly underneath that is the word "MK2".

I've never heard the MK 1, so I can't tell you from personal experience what the sound difference is, but what I can say, is that people who have experienced both versions say the cable on the MK 2 is softer and more flexible, and gives a slight sound improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back