Need a 250$ headphones instad of my ATH M50
Feb 21, 2014 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

EldaG

New Head-Fier
Hey my M50 starting to get old and i want to upgrade into new headphones

my budget is 250$

i listen to rock (indie, alternative, classic , etc)

I dont care about sound leak \ noise sealing \ over or on ear

i have fiio e07k amp - just to let you know 

please reccomand me some good haedphones or tell me what you think about:

Sennheiser HD25
V moda m80

thanks!

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 4
I love how you started this thread out lol.  It basically reads like "Hey I'm getting old so I need new headphones" :D.  Judging from your musical tastes I think an open headphone might work better.  I would suggest getting the HD598s, this usually my go to for a headphone upgrade in this price range.  It looks like they're going for roughly $188 now on Amazon.  I believe the M80 is an on ear headphone not an over ear but I could be wrong about that.  Also i have never heard either of those headphones.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 4
How about: the Sennheiser 598 (amping helps but not needed, replaceable cable, great soundstage, relatively neutral sound                          but mid-centric)
                       Phillips Fidelio X1 (amping is not necessary, unrepaceable pads, balanced but bassy and fun sound)
                       SoundMAGIC HP200 (amping is definitely needed for the 200's- they sound like the HD650's but with more                            exciting treble)                               
                       HifiMan HE-400 (amping is definitely needed, great bass extension but fatiguing upper mids and treble for                              some, a bit heavy)
                       Beyerdynamic DT880 (amping is needed, neutral with a slight leaning toward treble, semi-open)
                       HifiMan HE-300 (amping helps but is not needed, lush, warm sound)
                       Beyerdynamic DT990 (amping is needed, recessed mids with tons of bass and treble)

I would recommend for you overall the X1's, 598's or the DT 880's. If you have a more powerful amp, the HP200 and HE-400 are wonderful choices.

Hope this helped! 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Sorry for the typing, I can't seem to make it neat. Apologies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back